Canton Ohio WLS Support Group

Groups » Canton Ohio WLS Supp... » Discussion » You won't believe i...

You won't believe it!

Terrib
on 3/15/11 12:33 pm - Clayton, NC

I adore peanut butter but refrained from eating it due to the high caloric and fat content.  Then one of my support group members told me about this stuff called PB-2.  Okay, I admit it.  I was skeptical about a peanut butter in a powdered form.  I thought to myself how can this even remotely taste anything like the “real thing"?

Well……was I totally surprised!  It tasted terrific!  Not only does it taste like the real thing, it is preservative free and contains no artificial sweeteners and has 85% less fat calories of regular peanut butter.  What could be better than that??? 

Here is the link, it is called PB2 http://store.bellplantation.com/?Click=24946.  They have regular and chocolate.  I asked the dietician where I had my surgery and he even agreed it was great!  If you have any doubts about the benefits of PB2 vs. traditional peanut butter, read on. Keep in mind, that PB2 is all natural peanut butter without the fat or the added hydrogenated oil.

Traditional

PB2

2 Tbsp – 190 calories

2 Tbsp – 45 calories

Calories from fat - 130

Calories from fat – 13

Saturated fat – 3 grams

Saturated fat – 0 grams

Now, to coin a phrase, “I have my cake, um peanut butter, and eat it too!!"  OMG, I sound like a commercial.

I made a smoothie using the following (which if I do say so myself, was incredible tasting!)

BANANA, CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE

¼ cup Skim Milk

2 tblsp prepared PB2

2 tblsp S/F DaVinci Chocolate Syrup

1 Scoop Unjury Unflavoured Whey Protein (Or your favourite protein Supplement)*

½ Cup crushed Ice

1 small sliced Banana, frozen or fresh (Note:  Slice & freeze when they start to over-ripen)

Place all ingredients in blender on high until everything is blended well.  ENJOY!

*Note:  If you do not require the protein, this can be made without and tastes just as good.

Nutritional info PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g  3%
Saturated fat 0 g  0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg  0%
Sodium 94 mg  4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g  2%
Dietary fiber 2 g  8%