Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Monday Morning Roll...

Monday Morning Roll Call!

jennak88
on 12/6/11 9:15 pm - Anchorage, AK
I am about 5 weeks Post op. I have lost 30 pounds. This January at my highest, I am now 66.5 lbs.  I still count that.

I am working out at work, YOGA, walking 2 miles with a video at home. I'm going to start doing 3 and go up. My goal is to do a 1/2 marathon, and that is 13 miles, unheard of for me before surgery.

I have dumped 2 times, food didnt agree with me. I get full fast, I eat where I work at and use smaller bowls.

I have gone down 4 pants sizes and my pants are still getting to big for me.. Who wants to go shopping.

I havent keept track of my inches, but others have noticed.

I feel so much healthier, then I have in a long time. My Dad is excited I have lost more since I last saw him. I feel like crying for joy. I know this next year will be the best for me... Who knows what it might entail. Heck since I am single, I could meet the man of my dreams. I did have to have insulin in the hospital. I was in for 2 days, I couldn't get any thing down and wasn't that hungry.

Has any one else noticed they are less hungry.
Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 5:03 pm
i have good and bad hunger days, it depends on if i stay ahead of it from the beginning of the day, i am more hungry than i expected to be. and yes count every single poud!! i do!

measurements have saved my sanity on days where i havent lost much!!

single men watch out!!
Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 5:05 pm
thanks so much to everyone who took a minute to share, it isnt really about comparing it is really about cheering each other on and feeling like we are not in this alone!!  seeing that there is no such thing as "normal" and celebrating our bravery!!

it was so nice to hear from everyone, dont be strangers!!!

Cheers!

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

mommaove3
on 12/9/11 2:28 am
Im one month out.  I have lost 22lbs so far. 
Exercise - im only allowed to walk till jan.  Then i can do a workout dvd in february.  Seems like forever to me but thats my physical therapist rule so whatever.

I am currently in a stall and have been for a week or two.  My nut says its cause im way under cals and need more carbs(from milk ect.) .  So im working on that now to see if i can get things moving.

I have lost 55 inches in my whole body so far and that is good enough for me to keep doing what im doing.

No complications as of yet(knock on wood)!  I feel great and im am just suprised at how easy things have been for me so far.  I would totally recommend surgery to anyone who wants to do it. 

TXRJean
on 12/13/11 6:37 am - TX
I'll be out 4 weeks tomorrow and I'm down a total of 21.5 since the surgery on 11/16 and down 33 from my initial consultation in June.

I had a meeting with my nutritionist today and discovered that I need to eat more protein. It will help me lose weight. My pouch loves everything too...except for scrambled eggs for some reason? Hmmm?

Anyway...I am inclined to eat crap so it's a real struggle for me. I need to get out and do more walking. I decided to join a gym though because walking outside when it's 35 or 40 degrees doesn't do it for me.

I am currently stalled. I can only get an ounce or two off in a day but I think that when I increase the protein that will help me to kick start things again.

I'm having non scale victories...wearing size 20 jeans...I used to wear a size 26 over the summer, and wearing things more comfortably. I am down a total of 17 inches! That feels good. Even my feet are feeling smaller...not as puffy. Sooo good and I'm so glad I did this!

Apple-Jax
on 12/13/11 2:12 pm
those nsv's are even better than the pounds sometimes!  i went to goodwill the other day where i could never find clothes before and bought pants 5 sizes smaller!  from a brand i could not fit in before, i was so excited! i tried on 5 pairs of pantsand they all fit.  it felt great.

congrats!

i have a hard time with scrambled eggs too, they make me nauseous but i can eat most everything else,

i actually had  a mini dump on a protein bar, it was kind of weird, it had less sugar and carbs than yogurt and 30g of protein but made me sick.

i think stair stepping down in weight loss seesm to be the norm!

dhelms
on 12/25/11 9:24 am
 I haven't read or posted for a while.  I am 8 weeks post op and I am down about 32 lbs since pre-op.  I am at a stall for several weeks.  I was feeling depressed until I read some of the postings and found out that others are having the same problems. I guess that is just part of it.  Sorry others are having the same problems, but it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone.  Best of luck to all and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Regards,

D
Apple-Jax
on 12/26/11 8:39 pm
it is tough!! i have been depressed off and on too,  i have lost 3 pounds in 2.5 weeks, i am about to lose my mind!!!

if it keeps up, maybe see an endocrinologist, i had to go on thyroid meds last week and back on metformin,  my body is freaking out.

so glad you dropped in!!  it does help to see other people in the same boat!