LifeStarts WLS

Groups » LifeStarts WLS » Discussion » Hello, New to group...

Hello, New to group

Eleanor_M
on 6/6/12 3:18 am - Overland Park, KS
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am happy to join your group.

I live in Overland Park, Kansas, which is a suburb of Kansas City. I had my sleeve last September, and I have lost 50 pounds. However, ever since Christmas, I haven't done as well as I had before the holidays. I think it is because I was not following directions/the diet my doctor gave me.

Now I am getting back onto the band wagon. I am trying to use my sleeve properly (e.g., not drink while eating or 1-hour afterwords, eat smaller amounts, focus on solid proteins, etc.). I can tell this is going to be difficult, but it is a process and I have to get going.

One thing I have been told many times is that support is very important for success. I don't have a lot of support around me. So, I thought this group would be a good way to get the support I need.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. If you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know. 

SWEET Tink
on 6/8/12 1:01 am
Welcome Elenor to the group .
Just remember that we all make mistakes .. but you just get back up and start again . People think this surgery is easy .. well I am here to tell you it is harder than any diet I was ever on . But you can do it !!

I tell everyone .. the key to weightloss is Protein + Water + Exercise = Weightloss .

Also , everyone loses at their own pace .. do not compare yourself to others . The weightloss will happen ... stay focused and just know that nothing is impossible !!

If you have any questions or concerns I am here for you .

Congratulations AND again .. Welcome ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!