POSE

POSE

butterflyvan
on 9/10/15 4:42 am

Hi Folks.

I would like to start an active group for people who have made the decision or are on the journey to having the POSE procedure. I would like some support myself as I am awaiting my surgery date and will start my pre op diet very soon. Please feel free to add your details and before and after weight if you would like to share your progress. I was originally opting for the gastric plication but after 1 year of research and another appointment with my surgeon I decided to go for the less invasive POSE option as there is a very quick recovery rate and you may be able to return home that evening if you have a morning appointment. The procedure is done with endoscope through the mouth so there are no incisions and low complication statistics.  

As for me I started my journey at 80 kilos and my goal is 65 - 60 kilos.  Today I weigh 78.5 kilos as I am preparing for the pre op diet and I have started my walking. I try to do 5 kilometres 3 -4 times per week. This procedure is a tool and if anyone thinks that this is an easy route then think again. I have been warned that 50% weight loss will be from the procedure and the other 50% will have to come from my own efforts. If I dont exercise the weight loss will be slow or non existent.  I know that some people will have an opinion that I should not have this surgery when I am not morbidly obese, but I have tried every diet and had a personal trainer, invested in multiple pieces of equipment for exercise and I am not a lazy person. I have tried and failed over the last 5 years and enough is enough. I am taking this tie and opportunity for myself before I hit menopause and start with other problems. I am paying for this out of my own pocket and this is my own decision with the support of my husband. I want to feel like my old self again and follow a better healthier lifestyle which will benefit everyone around me. I have given the past 20 years to my husband and my daughter and for the first time I am taking some time for me.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope there are some other people out there looking for a little support and someone to share their journey with.

Kind regards POSERS