Oklahoma Satellite Support Group

Graduate Group?

Bvrwrer
on 4/18/08 12:39 am - Edmond, OK
Ruth, How was the graduate group meeting on Wednesday?  I'm looking forward to sneaking into the one next April  - even though it will be a couple weeks less than one year...  I would guess that group is not nearly as large as the regular monthly, and that you have a lot of different topics to discuss. Hope all is well with you.  Thanks for your updates from yesterday's meeting.   I'm still going on my pre-op diet... was down to the last 2 pounds as of Wed. - have not weighed again since then. Have a great weekend. John
rroberts
on 4/18/08 10:02 am - Oklahoma City, OK
John: The Graduate meeting was good.  There were only about 6 of us there.  But the conversation was good.  It was kind of like a mini-psych consult actually.  haha... You can sneak into anything you want to buddy!  It isn't an EXCLUSIVE club!!  I am doing well.  Really whipped lately.  Allergies, overworked, business is crazy busy, etc.  I'm still a little bummed about the "one" that got away.  But life has to go on!  I'm sticking my toe in the water a little bit, but just not connecting.   Be happy you don't have to do the singles thing anymore!! UGH! How are the wife, baby and kids?  I saw your question about being able to lift your little one.  I think as long as you are comfortable, you can do whatever you want.  Dr. B basically said the same thing last night.  Support group was good last night.  Dr. B talks and talks.  You got to love him!  Good questions too! Michelle S saw my before pics and would not believe it was actually me.  It was pretty funny!  Now I have BOTH of you to visit on 5 May at the hospital!!  We have 2 next week from here - LakeGirl and Liz both - LakeGirl is Wednesday, Liz is Monday.  It's awesome!! Keep up the great work and you will have no issues with your preop appointment!  I'll send you my phone number on private message in case you need anything!  Rita will have it as well. See you soon!!! R

Glitter Text Generator    350/326/173current/159goal
           Certified OH Support Group Leader

COURAGE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF FEAR BUT RATHER   
                               THE ABILITY TO CONTINUE IN THE PRESENCE OF FEAR.

Bvrwrer
on 4/20/08 3:19 am - Edmond, OK
Ruth, Thanks for your message.  I'll get your # to my wife for surgery.  She is doing a bit better right now.  The Dr. told her she could go back to work part time this week, so of course she went for about 50 hours.  For her, that is part time, but I think she is planning to get some rest this weekend.  The baby still seems to be doing fine in there - definitely growing! We are having a Little League tournament tomorrow here in Edmond, so that will probably take up most of the day - and possibly Sunday as well.  We'll see how it goes. I had gotten a little worried about the doc telling me that I couldn't lift for 6-8 weeks, and then I was going to be in trouble.  I have my mother lined up to come and stay with us to help for at least a week, and possibly two after surgery.  Also have my brother and brother-in-law pretty close at hand for emergencies, so I think I'm all set there.   I've got to fly out for a regional staff meeting in San Antonion on Monday, and won't be bac****il Wed. evening, and then have my appointment at 9:00 on Thursday.  I'm a little nervous about managing to get the last two pounds off and keep them off through all the dinners and drinks that will be part of the meeting, but I think I'm pretty well mentally prepared.  I also think that with no kids to get ready in the morning, I may be able to get on the treadmill early and late while I'm there... maybe that will help. I should still be online off and on, but I won't have a scale to check up on myself....there go my nerves again.  Seriously, though, I think I'll be OK.  At least until I have that appointment on Thursday - I may be a big bundle of nerves after that... we'll see. As for you - keep on getting in the water... eventually you WILL land the right one.  (and a lucky one he'll be to have someone like you!) Have a great weekend.  I'll try to keep an eye out on the boards for the news! John
rroberts
on 4/19/08 9:02 am - Oklahoma City, OK
John: The water is just going to have to wait until I can catch up at the office!!  I am just not into it right now.  I am wayyyy behind and need to kick it in gear asap so that I can catch up. I'm glad Charlotte (?) is feeling better.  Sounds like you can't keep a good woman down!!  :-)  I hope I got her name right.....   that's sad my memory is soooo bad! I spent most of the day with my grandbabies while my daughter/sil shopped.  I have been so out of it all day, allergies, medication, stress..yada Keep up the good work and don't worry about the rest falling off.  It will do it!  Just follow your instructions and it will happen!!!! Much hugs!!  R

Glitter Text Generator    350/326/173current/159goal
           Certified OH Support Group Leader

COURAGE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF FEAR BUT RATHER   
                               THE ABILITY TO CONTINUE IN THE PRESENCE OF FEAR.