The Loser's Bench

Groups » The Loser's Bench » Discussion » Not moving after al...

Not moving after all..

Barbara C.
on 4/10/12 12:28 am - Raleigh, NC

As many know, my husband and I have been looking into, and were strongly considering a move to CA to be closer to our adult sons and their wives. While being able to be closer to our sons and their wives is still a desire, it's not something that we will be doing for the next couple of years.

I'm sharing this to let you know that I will continue to lead the in person support groups in Raleigh NC. Of course, we will continue to have our monthly general support group and I will see about resuming a number of the special interest groups that I have also run, such as

• Grads group which focuses on the concerns of those who have entered the maintenance phase of their journey
  • Over 50 which focuses on the issues particular to those who start with very high body mass indexes
  • Making Changes, which as formerly known as the Beck group based on Judith Beck's book entitled The Beck Diet Solution which is looks at and addresses behavior issues associated with emotional eating

I welcome your input and any suggestions that you may have to make the support groups an even more valuable resource to those considering WLS, those who are in the midst of their weight loss, and those of us who have reached our maintenance phase of our journey.

If you live nearby, I look forward to your input and to seeing you soon at an upcoming meeting.

All the best,

Barbara

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145