Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Groups » Lose it 4 Life Suppo... » Discussion » Sleeved 4 weeks ago...

Sleeved 4 weeks ago and weight has...

vbaum
on 3/4/13 10:40 am

I got my beautiful sleeve (revision from the lap band) on Feb 8th. I have lost a total of 27lbs and I am stalled. I was hoping for some insight into what you all eat as you shrink!!!  I would love all input and will read all the responses!!! So what do you eat during the day to get that weight loss going? I am on mushy foods. I am eating soups, scrambled eggs, baked potatos and small sweet potato pattis also mashed alvocado, and lots of water. That is just a sample of some of the stuff I am able to eat so far. 

Vickie

Color-me-happy
on 8/23/14 11:52 pm
VSG on 06/14/14

Hello Vbaum, im new to the group. Had my sleeve June 14, lost 38lbs and stalled now. I've noticed that i've lost more muscle than wanted so i'm taking a different approach. after attending the classes at the OH conference recently, i have to stop looking at the scale and start focusing on what i eat, calories, fat, carbs, and of course protein and sugar. Well im doing good on the low sugar and carbs but i've had pretty much no fat in my diet and im only eating less than 400 cals some days. I too am on really  mushy foods, careful of those soups, too many can add the high carbs and fat that may exceed the recommend daily. I highly recommend researching the resources here for the recommended daily calories and nutrition content. We are in our "GOLDEN YEAR" and nows the time to learn how our bodies respond to our new stomach. I have gone from a size 18 to 12/14, some 12s are still too tight but the sad thing is the muscle loss. I need that back so i expect my weight to rise a little at first, then as i exercise more and my body adjusts to it and I follow the recommended nutrition, i hope to start losing again. I will let you. Good luck to you. Oh i stay away from starches!! No potatoes!! not even sweet, too much sugar for now. Dont plan to ever eat white anything if you want this work, not now. Change your habits. I've noticed that people are in a hurry to try to eat food, anything to get it down but thats old habits.