Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Newbee

artfully2u
on 12/30/13 3:02 am

Yes, I am a 'Newbee' and have been trying for almost 1 year to have my surgery (Gastric Bypass).  I have yet to meet the doctor I have chosen and if this process drags on much longer he will probably be retired by the time they approve me.  But, I guess this is par for the course for them.  It is astounding to me that they make this process so drawn out.  I manage to jump through one hoop only to find out their are three more behind it.  I have told my husband that when he finally decides to grant us an audience if we should give him a sharp slap so he will remember us from the crowd?  Or maybe someone out there knows the proper way to greet his royal highness?  Do we all rise, bow or give a full genuflect?  Maybe we should cast rose peddles down at his feet and kiss his shoes?   

Anyway, I live in Hillsboro, Tx. and the doctors won't do the surgery in Waco, where there are adequate facilities to do the surgery mind you for non-Medicare patients.  The only problem is they can't or won't bill Medicare at this facility, so they have me go even farther to Temple to get the surgery with the weak excuse that their Temple facility is set up to do these procedures with the physical tools to handle obese patients.  I guess they need extra large forms for we Medicare patients that the hospitals doing this surgery in Waco don't have! cool I am sorry, I guess I not suppose to put 2 and 2 together to figure this out and float along with their slow, drawn out program.

Now, I am suppose to see a 'councilor' to talk about my 'anger' issues.  You guessed it, another one of those hoops!  Well bring it on.  I have done everything else including registering here for my 'group' participation.  It seems because I live in an area where there are no 'groups' that registering here and reading and or participating with you all counts as one of those many hoops.  Sooooooooooo

Hello, my name is artfully2u and I am waiting on a date for my surgery.   I have a few questions which have probably been addressed many times over on your forum and will be reading your posts and taking notes.  Feel free to write to me and I will do my best to respond.  God Bless.