Modesto WLS Support Group

insurance

sandjrodriguez
on 2/13/09 2:06 pm - ceres, CA

I am insured with Health Net Hmo and wonder if anyone has an idea of out of pocket cost for this surgey.

Cathy A.
on 2/17/09 6:09 am - Modesto, CA
Welcome to our group, The only out of pocket costs should be your copay and that is different for each insurance . It really should not be to much. When I had my first wls I din't have to pay anything but now My insurance has a $200 a day hospital copay but still that is not much money at all
sandjrodriguez
on 2/18/09 11:34 am - ceres, CA
Thanks Cathy, I am waiting to hear if I am approved or not. I've seen the nutrionist and Dr Morgan (psychologist). Getting kinda anxious. Crossing my fingers....
Kim B.
on 2/19/09 9:45 am - Modesto, CA
Look on your benefits paperwork that you should have been given when you signed up for the insurance. You will pay the surgery co-pay that is listed. If you can not find your schedule of benefits call your insurance and ask what the copay for surgery will be and have them send you a schedule of benefits listing. If the insurance is through your work you could also ask your HR dept. about the co-pay and getting a schedule of benefits. I have Pacificare and my surgery co-pay is 250.00. Also, make sure your primary care physician has gotten the authorization for the surgery frrom your insurance prior to your surgery date or you will be paying the bill out of your own pocket.
You will not regret this surgery, I am so glad I had this surgery.
Kim B.
Kim B
sandjrodriguez
on 2/19/09 1:04 pm - ceres, CA
Thanks Kim, from what i've read I have a 250.00 per day hospital stay, which I think would be worth it! Still waiting to hear back..