Pcos Support

PCOS and VSG

michellevestal
on 8/26/10 6:17 am - Vallejo, CA
 Hi Everyone, I'm Michelle and new to the group and also have PCOS. I have meet several people online that have PCOS and had bariatric surgery and they are also reporting getting pregnant. My husband and I have been married 17.5 years and have spent over $60,000.00 in the past trying to get pregnant with no success. I decided that I needed a little more help to get the weight off and went to the DR. asking for the Lapband. that was 70 days ago. I was well informed and led to a different procedure called the Vertical Sleeve. Today I am 3 weeks post op and excited to get the rest of the weight off. I also had a Mirina IUD put in 2 years ago to help control the bleeding when  the Metformin did nothing for me after 6 months. The IUD is a God sent. I will have it taken out in 2 years and we will once again try for a baby.

Michelle
melissadawn
on 9/20/10 7:43 am - Shawnee, KS
Michelle,
Congratulations on your new adventure! I have had PCOS for as long as I can remember and am getting sleeved a week from tomorrow. I have heard very positive things about WLS decreasing PCOS symptoms and increasing fertility. My husband and I spent a fortune on fertility treatments also, and I am feeling very excited to know that this is likely to help! How are you feeling after your surgery? Any thoughts or suggestions for the recovery period?
Melissa
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity. - Keshavan Nair

RedDirtRoads
on 1/18/11 12:50 am
Congratulations and good luck!  I hope that you will continue to post and let us follow your story.  I hope to have VSG around May.  I am hoping that it will help with infertility in our case too.