WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » REPOST-LONG, Newbie...

REPOST-LONG, Newbies, Preops, Postops, ANYONE who is "on the fence"...

Monique So Sweet
on 5/8/09 7:44 am - The most southern tip of..., TX

This is for ANYONE who is thinking, wondering or if they are "scared" or "nervous" about coming to the RYD Conference NEXT WEEK, May 15-17th.

I have been a member of OH since 2001.  I was a BIG time lurker for several years.  While I was happy to read about EVE
RYONE's success, I still couldn't help but feel sad because I had NO idea when I was going to be given this "FREEDOM" from obesity.  While on the boards, I felt like the child that gets chosen last for a team or on the "outside, looking in".  I would cry myself to sleep, PRAYING that a miracle would happen and somehow I would get surgery. I had just about given up on this board when at the end of 2006, Debra F. pm'd me and introduced herself and we became friends.  I had been in contact with Debra for several months and she asked me if I was going to the Austin conference.  I told her I was not sure and she lectured me and gave me reasons why I should attend.  Well, I said YES I was going to come to the conference in Austin, June 2007. And then wks before it, my insecurities took hold of me and I got "scared" and said NO!  How can I go ALONE?  OMG...I was mortified...who would I "hang" out with, who would I talk to? Who would talk to me? 

With Debra's encourgment and patience...I said YES again.  I remember being in the parking lot in
Austin and thinking I hope I look ok, I hope my breath doesn't smell and if no one talks to me, I will just smile and sit waaay in the back where NO ONE would notice me.  I went into the hotel and as I take a few steps, I hear someone call my name,  it was Tracy, Gina, Debra and Ramon having breakfast.  I gave a big sigh of relief.  I recognized people.  Right away Debra made me feel at ease, took me into the room, introduced me to Ms. Ann Harlan and sat me down.  Ann immediately started speaking to me and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. 

I had such a great time, met so many awesome people and was so glad I went, that when I heard about the next conference sponsered by NIX MEDICAL CENTE
R in SAN ANTONIO, I just knew I would have to go again.  The Austin conference had left such an impression on me I didn't want to miss out what was in store for the SA conference.  And well, those on here and that were at the conference, well, they know "the rest of the story".....

I made lifelong friends, learned valuable information, got an awesome goodie bag, met fabulous vendors, got to hear great speakers AND look at handsome Doctors. lol

PLEASE! PLEASE! Anyone who has ANY doubt or nerves or feels they wouldn't fit it PLEASE join us in
Dallas.  I PROMISE you will not regret going.  You can pm if you have any questions.  

I look foward to seeing YOU and my OH friends in Galveston
!

Hugs,
Monica

U tell me that I sin,
U say Im bound for hell,
So once ur judgment condemns U,
I SHALL SEE U THERE.

I'd rather be an OPEN sinner
than a FALSE saint...