WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » Getting Noticed Alr...

Getting Noticed Already!

1Chica
on 5/26/09 4:23 am
Hi!
My name is Abby and I was banded on 4/16/09. I lost 10 preop 10 post op and 2 by today.
I just got my first fill this morning in Dr. Jayseelans office.  Nothing but liquids for 7 days.
I was estactic.  I thought I had gained at least 8 pds because of the increase of the protein and other foods. 

My family noticed my weight loss 1 week after surgery.  My extended family noticed this past weekend.  One of them told me that my boobs are more noticable and no longer sit on my stomach.  This past Friday before the Memorial Holiday I had a co-worker who told me that there something different about me and summed it up to that I just looked very happy and I was. 
Today I received another observance and was asked if i was losing weight. She asked me that after she complimented my hair which is still the same and long. 

This past weekend i just felt super great!  Even though I still look huge I feel mar-r-velous darling!  This is my begining of Abby'sChange.

Just wanted to share my elated feelings today and encourage those who are just beginning to keep it up, keep your expectations leveled, read the books, literature, keep going to support groups and always keep it online with your new friends for life, US! 

Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

tell5
on 5/26/09 1:01 pm - dingmans ferry, PA
that so great when other people start see your change whats even better is when you start seeing it     i found my neck  lol i lost it at 271 and found it at 221  i was banded 11/20/08 .

1Chica
on 5/27/09 6:49 am
I need to find my waist!
I can feel a slight difference. 
That's great that you have lost 50#'s.  I can't wait to get there. I will be there.
I can see your slimness.  I'm right behind you!!!

I had my first fill yesterday and didn't feel a difference.
I'm on liquids but had to have something to eat yesterday since i didn't eat not one thing and ate a grilled chicken wing, small.  today i'm being a good girl and have been  having my protein and water, no soups yet.

there isn't any restriction but i will try
Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

tell5
on 5/27/09 9:16 am - dingmans ferry, PA
how many days do you still have on your liquids?
remember your still swollen in side so try and stay on track you don't want to hurt your self you just got started .       When i get a fill i'm on liquids for the first 24 hours and then shakes for 3 days  sometimes i can't make it to the third day so i feel you    after the third day its soft foods like over cooked veggies chopped up tuna then i can eat chicken saled     any program your on one thing peolpe have told me try really hard to stick to your program    and don't DON"T  DO NOT beat your self up we didn't get this way over night
1Chica
on 5/28/09 4:59 am
Hi!
I have 4 more days to go besides today.
Thank you for your support.  I really really appreciate it.  I especially appreciate you sharing with me your trials and experience.  I had a TCBY chocolate shake today for lunch could not eat it all (thank goodness) and had a homemade protein shake this morning.  I might do a strawberry shake this afternoon but a small one not a regular size (medium).  If I can't go on I still have jello, applesauce and popsicles and can always make tuna or egg salad.  I will stick to my program because you have given me strength.

Take care friend!
Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

Yvonne McCarthy
on 5/28/09 10:01 pm - Plano, TX

AWESOME! Guess what Abby? Part of the reason that people are noticing is because you are glowing!!  You project what you are feeling to the outside.  This same phenomenon happens when I see someone that loses 150 pounds and gains 10 back.  They beat themselves up for that ten pounds when they've lost 150.  So you are right, you are feeling great and people are picking up on it.  Remember this feeling when you get discouraged because it will help you be grateful for what an awesome job you're doing.  I'm glad you're here and I'm looking forward to many more reports!!
hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨