WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Whew...

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 9:27 am
Taking off my radiation suit...  Yvonne saved me (in the nick of time) from another board that began to resemble the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown.  It was like watching a slow-motion trainwreck and I was going to be in its path.  I wasn't involved but I was about to become involved by mere association. 

It is unfortunate because the other board was a local board for me.  But, I'd rather have good long distance friends instead of belonging to a local toxic board.  Yvonne is a true friend.

Alright, I attended my first support group for my surgeon last Tuesday.  And yesterday my insurance company approved the surgery.  Also, I received my cardiology clearance for surgery today.  So, I have a green light for surgery on Tuesday!

It was good going to support group.  It was a good reminder that WLS is only a tool and we have to make it work.  Everybody present had varying degrees of success.  And, I really want this to work for me.  So far I have learned that I need to make the WLS work instead of the other way around.

I thank you all for your support.

Oh, and if BakeryGal (Robin) joins this board, please give her a warm welcome.  I met her at support and she will be my surgery angel.

Your friend,

Chris

vickie O.
on 7/16/09 9:38 am - amarillo, TX
chris, good to hear from you again. keep posting. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/16/09 10:00 am - Plano, TX
You are tooooooooooo funny!  Well, we have members here from all over!!  I'm so looking forward to avoiding the members that seem to just downright bully people and I want to believe they have no idea how much they hurt others.  I hope I got to one lady in the nick of time.  It was really sad stuff. 

I don't have a face to face support group.  Mine is all online other than when the Texas board gets together but it's just a gathering of our members and not under a controlled support group.  I think it's one of the largest anywhere but it's so funny that we run it ourselves. 

Please anyone that wants to, go on into chat and use it anytime.  That's what it's for.  You can always just pop in and see if anyone is there or just tell someone to meet you there if you want to do that.  We'll be on the lookout for BakeryGal too.  I hope she can join because we'd love to have her.

LOVE IT!!! Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/16/09 12:52 pm - Plano, TX
BakeryGal is here!! woooooooooo hooooooooooooo

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨