WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » and now for the bre...

and now for the breaking news.. News ICON Walter Cronkite has died.

JEllen
on 7/17/09 11:20 am - Capital Region, NY
He was a true ICON- unfortunately they don't make them like him anymore! He died of cerebral vascular disease. Walter Cronkite dead at age 92- 7:42 pm July 17, 2009....
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/18/09 1:11 am - Plano, TX
It is amazing how things are so different now.  We only had 3 channels then and he really was a true professional.  In fact when he made the comment about the Vietnam War, it was such a radical thing to do in those days and so brave.  It's funny that now many media people or just people in general feel like they can say anything no matter who it hurts.  Our society changes so much with all the info out there but just like anything...there are good things about it and bad things about it so it all kind of comes down to us taking personal responsibility and "keeping our side of the street clean".  I know my life has improved immeasurably since I removed all blame/shame/judgment/guilt as much as possible.  I lived so many years in negativity and I've left that behind.  I certainly thank Walter Cronkite for being the ultimate professional and I'll never forget his broadcast about President Kennedy.  R.I.P. Mr. Cronkite.

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

George T.
on 7/19/09 6:12 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
I am not a news-watching person.  But when there was a big story, in my eyes back then, there were only two stations to trust.  CBS and NBC.  Walter Cronkite and Huntley and Brinkley.

I too will never ever forget Cronkite's coverage of the JFK assassination.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!