WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » Hey* from the new g...

Hey* from the new guy

aaddison57
on 7/21/09 9:45 am - Dawsonville, GA

I just wanted to say hey! I haven't had my surgery yet, I am jumping through the insurance hoops and working on the pre-op diet. I am really excited though. It is very helpful to be able to see people like Ramon and Yvonne have such great sucess with WLS. Hey if ya'll can do it, then so can I.

*You probably noticed I said hey instead of hello, it is because I'm from Georgia and I think it is some kind of state law here, so please my 'informal' grammar.

Have a nice evening!

Tony 

Cowboy85
on 7/21/09 12:29 pm - Murphy, TX
 I am having WLS on August 31st (gastric bypass).  When did you start your diet?  How far out from surgery must a surgery candidate be to begin their diet?  Was there a particular diet you used (i.e. weigh****chers, jenny craig, etc.) or are you simply watching what you are eating?  
aaddison57
on 7/22/09 10:26 am - Dawsonville, GA
I started my diet on July 2. My insurance is requiring me to be on a diet for three months prior to surgery. They are requiring me to see my primary care physician, a dietitian and an exercise therapist each month. My surgeon will schedule the surgery date after Aetna approves the surgery at the end of the three months.

The dietitian referred to it as the plate method, she wants me to limit my calories to 1500 - 1800 a day and protein to 80 to 100 grams per day. Sensible things like not eating fried foods or eating in fast food restaurants.

So far the diet is going well, I haven't been hungery and I've lost 15 pounds.

Tony 

Cowboy85
on 7/22/09 12:51 pm - Murphy, TX
 Thanks for that information.  Since my doctor didn't say much about what I am to do, I am going to start my diet on August 1st.  I know I am on a very strict diet the week prior to surgery.  I am scheduled to see the dietician next week and I am sure I will get some guidelines from her.  I guess I am fortunate that my insurance didn't require anything other than meeting the medical criteria and then seeing the psychiatrist for an eval and even then I already had my surgery date scheduled.  I wish you luck!
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/22/09 12:36 pm - Plano, TX
Hey Cowboy! You're in my neck of the woods!
hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Cowboy85
on 7/22/09 12:54 pm - Murphy, TX
 Yes ma'am.  I have only lived here a couple of years after moving up from Waco.  I really like the big city and all the things to keep a person busy up here.  Is there a support group that actually has scheduled meetings or is most of the communications through electronic mediums?  I am getting ready for my procedure and would like to find a support group that meets regularly.  
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/23/09 3:39 am - Plano, TX
Yes there are support groups.  Has your doc mentioned his support group?  If you don't find that you have one there, we'll get you to one OK?  There's also a very bonded group on the Texas Message Board that gets together on a real regular basis so we'll get you introduced there to that crazy bunch OK?  So glad you're here!
hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/21/09 1:28 pm - Plano, TX
YOU ARE RIGHT!!! If Ramon and I can do, anybody can.  I was obese for 30 years and was really sure I would fail but at the same time I also knew that I would make it this time.  I gave myself permission not to fail. 

We LOVE your grammar.  We are from all walks of life and I enjoy and celebrate our differences. Thank you for being here!
hugs, Y

vickie O.
on 7/22/09 1:42 am - amarillo, TX
WELCOME TO THE NEW GUY!!!!!!  HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY IT HERE.  FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR JUST POST AND YOU WILL GET A LOT OF PEOPLE TO HELP YOU. VICK

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

aaddison57
on 7/22/09 10:30 am - Dawsonville, GA

Thanks, I love this place, I am a happy easy going type of guy, and I like the positive vibe I am getting here.

Tony