WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » Hey folks, I'm gett...

Hey folks, I'm getting excited

Citykitty
on 7/21/09 10:14 am - Sydney, Canada
Hey Y'all I just got some info that has me really excited.  I'm on a waiting list up here in Nova Scotia that is 8 years long (unbelievable, eh) and I'm afraid I will kiel over and die before they get to me.  So I'm trying to explore other options.  The other options that I've investigated here in Canada so far have indicated that getting Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy would cost me about $18,000 plus airfare to Montreal or Toronto which is way out of my league.  However, I just found out that I can get it done in Mexico for about $10,000. plus airfare at a really good hospital with a respected doctor who has done many of these surgeries before.  I'm getting really excited because I think I might be able to swing this in about two years from now, instead of the 8 years that Nova Scotia would have me wait.
I'm over the moon just thinking about it.  Is anyone down there familiar with Dr. Alverez?  I can't recall just what part of Mexico this gal said she had her surgery but I will ask her and let you know and maybe some of you will be familiar with the place.

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/21/09 12:50 pm - Plano, TX
Oh Citykitty!!!!!!!!!! Awesome.  I know a doc personally that I'd love for you to speak with because I trust him.  That's the most important part!! There are reputable docs and there are some that are not.  Check OH and look for referrals too but that would be AWESOME!!!! 

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I got so excited that I missed the doc's name.  I KNOW HIM!!!  That's him!!  What great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's speaking at the Dallas event with me in September!!! I don't suppose we could get you here then could we??  OK, so I'm excited....I would love for you to be here!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Citykitty
on 7/22/09 4:14 am - Sydney, Canada
Hi Yvonne.  His clinic emailed me back this afternoon.  I can't believe it.  This is awesome.  There's no way I can afford to do this sooner than 2011 but I'm so glad to hear this is the same guy.  One gal up here in Halifax got her surgery done there and she is doing great.  I watched all the testimonials on his website last night and they are so inspirational.  I can't wait.  In the meantime, though, I have to try to lose what I can on my own so the goal is twofold at this point - lose weight and save money!!!  I was so excited by the time I went to bed last night I could hardly sleep.  It's just so good to have hope again.  Oh, by the way, I lost two pounds this week so I'm happy about that too.  This gives me strength to keep hanging in there.

Incidentally, will you be videotaping Dr. Alvarez's talk in September?????

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/22/09 12:52 pm - Plano, TX
You can bet I'll be taping Dr. A's talk.  This man is more than just a good doctor, he's a good and kind man.  I'll try to keep this short (yeah right) but Ramon and Debra and I founded RYD Obesity.  I have yet to properly introduce Debra to many of the newbies here but I'm working on getting a "media" post that stays on top.  Anyway, RYD was able to be part of getting Monica's surgery done after she tried for years to get WLS.  Here's a page that explains some of that
RYD OBESITY PROJECTS
Monica is a member here and she was beautiful before but OH MY GOD you should see her now!  Our next project was Corina and she was 15.  She's also a member here.  Dr. A arranged to do her surgery at cost at of the goodness of his heart so he could save her life.  He is a phenomenal man and we love him very much.  I also have to fix the video that attached to Monica's link on that page because the you tube Gods took the audio away.  
I'll have to totally rework it.  The music made it so cool.

RYD Obesity has had 2 events and there are videos for those too.  They are just like an OH event.  I do an opening video for each year and show the before and after pictures of many of the people that are attending.  Like I said, I'll get that post up with all the links.

I'm so happy for you! You will lose weight normally just when you do start to get hope.  Part of it is you visualizing it too.  Part of it is removing that stress from your life.  Stress definitely makes those calories hang on.  WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨