Mark Pack

"I went to see Dr. Pack for the first time in June. He is the same today as he was then. He is a very down to earth kind of person who cares about his patients. His staff is GREAT!! Diane and Heidi are the best. They really kept on top of things and did everything they could to make it easy for me. They are just as excited for you when you go in as you are to be there. I am still pre-op, so at this point I don't know much more but even when I went over into the hospital,(Our Lady of Belfonte),everyone I had contact there with, told me what a great surgeon he was. I am post-op now and had some complications with surgery. I was in ICU for 4 days and had to return to surgery 2 more times. First for an obstucted bowel and then for exploritory surgery 11 hours later. I think Dr. Pack did a good job with me but I wish the obstruction would have been caught during the first surgery. My bowel became kinked during the first surgery. I don't know if he didn't see it because he was doing it lap. or if maybe he hasn't had alot of experience yet doing the lap. procedure. He has only been doing it for about 6 months and I'm not sure how many of them he has actually done. Anyway, he got it corrected. He stuck with me until I got better. He was great about coming to check on me and was there in minutes when they called for him at the hospital. I had a great bunch of gals and guys taking care of me at the hospital with the exception of one nurse. I did not get the treatment that was needed from her and I wonder if it had alot to do with why I ended up back in surgery the third time. I guess I will never know for sure what happened but I am thankful that Dr. Pack got me through it all. "

Michael Zirille

"I had some complications with surgery and was in ICU for 4 days afterwards. Dr Z called and checked on me each day to make sure I was OK"

Our Lady of Bellefonte

"I was very satisfied with the hospital and the staff until a few days later. I had to return to surgery and that afternoon was neglected by the one of the nurses. My IV drip ran out and was out for about 2 1/2 hours. The nurse on duty was told 4 times by my husband and twice by the aid that the bag needed changed and she never did it. She was also supposed to give me Tylenol at about the same time and it was never given to me. My pain meds also ran out at the same time as my IV drip. When the doctor arrived, he was worried because my temp was up and he didn't think the Tylenol had worked. The nurse had never give it to me. I had become dehydrated because of not having my IV drip and my heart rate went up. My surgeon became worried and took me back for exploritory surgery only 12 hours from the last surgery. He found nothing. The only thing wrong was I was dehydrated and my pain level was to high. I spent 4 days in ICU and once I became hydrated, got my temp down and was given a different pain medicine, my heart rate went back to normal. I feel that because of the neglect of the nurse I had that day, I ended up going through an unnecessary surgery and spent an extra week in the hospital."
About Me
Gallipolis, OH
Surgery Date
Apr 25, 2004
Member Since