Recent Posts

Brenda L.
on 1/3/11 9:03 pm - Sweeny, Tx
Topic: RE: my 6 year anniversary is the 14 of january!

well my 7 year ann. is approaching ! i have not done good in my 6 year  but i am trying to get back with my 7th i need to lose 20 lbs with all the stress i have been under i just didnt  think about myself ! i have to really work on myself ! i still do alot of crying i have been trying to get off my zoloft i i have to really start thinking about my self and get it together cause i do not wanna gain all my weight back ! so how do i get my head together to do this  20 lbs is alot but  iam going to try and get my head together  any suggestion i am willing to hear them!  brenda

tyx3mom
on 1/1/11 1:52 pm
Topic: 7 years
 my 7 year aniversary is coming up. i cant believe its been that long.  im doing well, exercising and keeping my weight off. im up a little right now and had a serious health issue with anemia but other than that everything is going well. hows everyone else doing

I have lost 115#'s.  I had my surgery on January 20, 2004.

tyx3mom
on 11/5/10 3:32 am
Topic: RE: 61/2 years
janet . wow you are doing great.  keep up the good work.  i have lost 115 lbs. and kept it off within 5 lbs.  I usually exercise quite regularly but i got anemic. (three different kinds of anemic) and i had to have i.v. therapy twice a week for 10 weeks and my doc asked me not to exercise while hes building up my numbers.... so, i just finished yesterday and i did not exercise today yet.  i have to get to my two jobs. im so nervous about starting the exercise again. previously i exercised 3-6 times a week now i havent done it for 10 weeks.  im afraid i got out of the habit, i know im gonna suck wind again getting started... but i also know i feel sooo much better when i exercise.  have a good one. keep up the good work. michelle

giggle95376
on 10/29/10 4:54 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Topic: RE: 61/2 years
Feeling a bit down on myself.... 331 preop (and dieting required to have surgery...so my heaviest) down to 175 at one point..now at 200.... grrrrrrr... need some defintie inspiration and motivation to get back on track.. Interestingly ...i still have protion control....most of the time and feel sick with fat or sugar intake....my downfall is lack of exercise.....any suggestions ??? anyone?????
Janet M.
on 8/15/10 9:17 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Topic: 61/2 years
 Well it is six and a half years later and still going strong.  to date I have lost  138 pounds. For those of you that are just starting out or have already had your surgery, stay strong! I went through a period around year 4 where I gained some of the weight back. At that time I had lost about 110 pounds and then gained back about 15 pounds.  Get back on track and you will find that the benefits of the surgery are still there! So from year 4 to now I have lost the 15 pounds I gained back plus another 13 pounds.  So I went from 263 my pre-surgery weight to 125.  You can do it!
I am a Realtor. This was a dream of mine.. and I can now live the Dream! I never would have done this "fat!"  My signature  for RE  "Making Dreams Real" Thank you Obesity Help for guiding me to this surgery.. because I made my own Dream Real!
You can do it.. I DID!  
terrylynn
on 1/18/10 4:30 am - Lansing, MI
Topic: RE: my 6 year anniversary is the 14 of january!
Hi Brenda,
It is just a tool that we us use.  I've had a stress loaded year with losing my house which was a result of losing my job from a "slip and fall" at work.  Litigations weren't resolved till Oct.  I'm just getting back on track myself.

I have to concentrate on protein as the injury has put a stop to my excercise.  I'm up close to 20lbs. and the holidays sure didn't help.  I certainly understand how some of our friends have been able to gain alot back.
 Obesity Help used to have an anniversary tab, I'm not seeing it.

Best ogff luck to you,
Terry
Brenda L.
on 1/12/10 12:16 am - Sweeny, Tx
Topic: my 6 year anniversary is the 14 of january!
if i had to do it all over again i would do it!  still trying to get those last 15 to 20 lbs i want to be at but other than that i have been really blessed with this tool!  i had alot of emotional things going on  in the last 3 or 4 months but i am trying to deal with it   I lost my dad in oct and the day we buried him my granddaughter was born and then 6 weeks later she died ! so i am really  being stressed and eating more but i just started to exerise again trying to get back  !  brenda
leeza V.
on 8/6/09 3:35 am - Newport News, VA
Topic: RE: numbness and tingling of the finger tips and feet
Hi my name is lisa and its been years since my wls and i have done great, well i did until the numbing and tingling first it was b12 than it was D and now i have a lot of test to lool forward to.
tyx3mom
on 7/14/09 3:28 am
Topic: RE: 5 1/2 years out
thanks i'll try.  glad youre doing well with your weight

Nancy
on 7/14/09 2:55 am - Kasson, MN
Topic: RE: 5 1/2 years out
I am still doing well.  I am the same weight.......... Well hope everything works out for you ........ Try not to work to hard!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 687 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 805 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 758 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 789 views