Recent Posts

Desiree C.
on 2/5/08 6:20 pm - San Antonio, TX
Topic: RE: Where is everyone?
Lisa I so know what you mean! I had my surgery June of 1999. I lost 180 pounds. Since my divorce 4 years ago I have gained back 70 pounds. It is so embarrasing telling people about risking my life for this surgery to have gained the weight back. I can once again eat whatever I want and how much I want. My surgery was done in San Antonio, TX and I now live in Indiana so no doctor here will touch me. I hate that I am eating again but I cannot get back on track. I really need to have my surgery revised so I can't eat as much. I would love to hear from someone who has had the revision to find out if it was helpful or if your insurance paid for it.
halftimer
on 2/1/08 3:15 am - Santa Barbara, CA
Topic: RE: 4 years! YEah!
Hi Michelle, Congratulations. The time does go fast and it's great how you've been able to keep the weight off all this time. 110 lbs is a lot of weight so you should be very proud. I know what you mean, I would lose then gain. I did this for 20 years. When I researched this surgery I knew it was for me. No regrets. I'm 4 years out also. I lost 110 lbs but have gained back 20. I really want to lose this 20 but I find it very difficult. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia really bad and it's hard for me to keep any energy level going to do any exercise. I've also developed a bad habit of eating at nite. It's like I'm insatiable. All day long I do great but because of my condition I don't sleep well so when I wake up every couple hours all I can think about is eating something. Gotta get a handle on that then I'd probably lose the 20 lbs again. Thanks for letter me spew. Connie
heelsandbikes
on 1/28/08 6:19 am - Fort Edward, NY
4 YEARS for me today!~!! I have gained back about 20# NO LIE. I was eating what I wanted & listening to those old binges & cravings. Who ever said WLS is an easy fix was SOOOOOOOOOO VERY wrong!! I started last week getting my lazy ass on the treadmill, drinking MORE water . I also went to see my nutritionist. She is sooooooooo awsome Dr. Santoro of Albany Clinical nutition!! She gave me encouragement!! SO I'm down 6#. We will see how it goes.
vnash
on 1/20/08 8:16 pm - Cookeville, TN
Yes, where did the time go? Yesterday was my 4 year rebirthday and I am doing good! I have lost 250 pounds and weigh 150 - 155 and at 5'7" am okay with that weight. I carry alot of excess skin on my legs and arms and would love to do something about it but until I win the lottery it ain't gonna happen! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Not that I have not had some rough times and problems but the good outweighs the bad by 250 pounds!!! LOL I would love to hear from others who had their surgery about the same time. Valerie
atrina
on 1/13/08 12:28 pm - reading, PA
i hit my anniversary on the 8th, its been a while since i have been on this sight, i recently updated my journal/profile, i lost around 150 my current weight is 150 looks like ive been around the same weight for 2 years or so now, i wanted to hit my ideal weight of 137 but shoot whom am i to complain.....just want to say great job everyone and keep up the awsome work
Nancy
on 1/9/08 8:34 am - Kasson, MN
Yes it has been 4 years for me on Jan 6th 2004. I was not suppose to survive my surgery! But I am here 4 years later. I had a leak after my surgery.......... I would do it again! I have keep all my wieght off and I am doing good!
tyx3mom
on 1/9/08 4:49 am
Topic: 4 years! YEah!
well I guess we all have or will hit 4 years this month... where did the time go? I would like to know how everyone is doing with weight loss, exercise etc. Let's log in once a month to keep in touch! Im down 110 lbs, kept in the same weight decade for 2 years now... I wanted to lose more but on the other hand im so proud of myself for keeping weight off.. I've NEVER kept weight off for any length of time. I go to the gym al the time but don't always work out with enough intensity, ya know? Good luck to everyone. Michelle
tyx3mom
on 1/9/08 4:41 am
Topic: RE: Happy Anniversary
Hey Lavina B. I'm doing good. Can't believe that its almost 4 years for me. (on the 20th) I want to celebrate or something. When I see someone in a wheelchair thats obviously because of weight i say a little prayer for them and for me and my doctor for thanks ya know? because i think w/o this surgery, i would have been that person. How is your weight doing? i'm in the same decade of weight that i've been in for 2 years or so. At the beging i thought that i should have gone down about 20 more but im so happy to abe a normal weight, that i am trying to be happy where i am and not worry about the #'s. I'm down 110lbs. My trainer thinks that i could lose 20 more lbs but im already working out so hard already ( i think) but i guess that is how hard "regular" people work out to keep the weight off. Im terrified of gaining it all back. well, i guess this is too much info but you did ask... hahahhha Good luck happy anniversary. michelle
lavina27
on 1/1/08 11:26 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Happy Anniversary
Hi Everyone, Happy 3 year Anniversary!!! How is everyone doing?
MsjOhio
on 10/9/07 4:05 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: Where's everybody?
Hi, Did everybody find a different message board to post their comments? Where's the people located here in Ohio?
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 690 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 808 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 767 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 798 views