Recent Posts

francescurrit
on 4/26/04 5:40 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: 3 Month Check up Yesterday...
Hey there, Gina - Congratulations! 61 pounds is quite a bit - I bet you're already noticing the difference! Just keep up the good work and the rest of that weight will come right off. Good luck to you! Frances
francescurrit
on 4/26/04 5:38 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Weighing your food?
Hi there, Rene - Yep, I weigh my food at every meal (unless I'm eating out). I have a kitchen scale and try to eat 2 oz. protein at every meal, and then 1-2 oz. other stuff (mostly steamed vegetables, but every so often I add in some potato). I figure I'm currently at 3 - 4 oz so I try to keep it there or less for each meal. As for how often I get hungry, it seems quite a bit - at least every 4 hours or so after my first meal of the day. For snacks, I've found that Babybel cheese rounds work really well for me (you can get them for a good price at Sam's or Costco's), as well as a teaspoon of peanut butter. And both taste pretty good, as well . I hope this helps, and keep up the good work! Frances
LadyRage
on 4/26/04 5:35 am - Metropolitan Area, MD
Hello Rene: I'm one that has to weigh my food...because unfortunately I'm still having problems with not being able to tell when I'm full. So to keep it safe I need to weigh my food. I found a food weigher at the local GNC...for about 7 bucks. Now when I go out to eat...because I didn't bring my lunch in with me to work...I normally just do about 3 tablespoons full of whatever I'm eating...because again I have a hard time telling when I'm full. As for how much I eat...I keep it at 3-4 ounces per meal. Sometimes less...just depends on what I'm eating. And I normally will stay full for about 3-4 hours...again depending on what I eat. Most times I can drink something about an hour after I eat...without having the feeling. Hope this helps! Jaye P.S. you really should talk to your doctor to see how much he wants you eating...because every doctor is different. I know some people who had surgery around the same time I did and they are only eating 2-3 ounces. So it just depends on your dr.
francescurrit
on 4/26/04 5:34 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: What a fantastic day
Way to go, Sharon! Congrats on reaching this milestone, and hopefully this coming weekend will be even better. Keep up the good work! Frances
tyx3mom
on 4/26/04 3:49 am
Topic: RE: A Blah Update..
im in kind of a funk too! I can't really put my finger on it exceptthat my smile dosent reach my eyes, ya know? i'm worried about hair loss (theres extra on the brush) Weight loss (didnt lose this time i weighed) family/friends (i think that some of them are having a hard time with my loss) and last but not least MONEY (not enough coming in). Im usually a happy person but i dont know..... well i hope you get rid of the blues. Ill try too. michelle
Lark
on 4/26/04 2:37 am - Yorkville, IL
Topic: RE: 2-3 lbs per wk?? Is this too slow?
Hi Kim, My surgery was a day before yours(1-27-04) and I have only lost 43 lbs from day of surgery. I say I lost 50 now because I lost 7 lbs in the weeks before my surgery. I too wi**** were coming off faster, but really I am fine with the slow loss. Maybe our skin won't sag as much! Keep thinking positive! Lark Johnson
Nancy
on 4/25/04 10:47 pm - Kasson, MN
Topic: RE: A Blah Update..
That is great that you are feeling better!
R S.
on 4/25/04 2:28 pm - Chicago Suburb, IL
thank you both so much........that helps out a lot.
BarbieCarroll
on 4/25/04 12:34 pm - Norcross, GA
Hi Renee, I know what you are talking about. Some days I feel like I can eat forever! I don't - but I feel like it. I have found some snacks that work well - almonds, sunflower seeds, raisins and peanut butter and crackers. Cheese sticks work well - but I only want them once in awhile. Look for foods with bulk - yogurt and protein shakes are good, but they go right through me. I'm still eating mostly protein for the most part. I do have fruit (my new candy!) and salads. Refried beans and cheese are also a good snack. I don't weigh foods - I ball park it and tell by my pouch. I had this surgery to stop the horrid cycle of obsessing over food. One of my goals of the surgery is to eat like a normal person - when I'm hungry, eat till I'm just barely full, and choose healthy foods that I like. It takes work to develop a new relationship with food, but between my new tool, support and therapy - this is what is working for me. I hope you find what works for you! Good Luck! Barbie 1-21-04 281/232/150ish
BarbieCarroll
on 4/25/04 12:20 pm - Norcross, GA
Topic: RE: What a fantastic day
Sharon, What a fantastic accomplishment!!! I know how you feel - last weekend I was actually able to paddle an entire 7-mile canoe trip. Some of it was A LOT of work! WLS gave us our lives back - I'm so happy that you are out living your new you! Congrats! Barbie 1-21-04 281/232/150ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 687 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 805 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 758 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 789 views