Who hasn't lost 100 lbs?

Skinmin
on 10/15/05 11:25 pm - MD
I know that most people that had surgery in January have lost 100 lbs already, but who hasn't? What have you lost? I have lost 87 lbs since January. I am pleased with my loss because it has been and continues to be a steady loss. I also don't have any loose skin ANYWHERE on my body, no batwings, legs look great, tummy looks great, neck and face look great. Now, your turn......
Mamie07
on 10/16/05 12:58 am - Red Bank, NJ
I had my surgery a week after you, on the 31st. I have lost 86 pounds and am very happy with my loss. My surgeon and PCP are also very happy with it. I still have around 48 pounds to go, but if I continue to lose gradually, I think that's a healthier way to do it. I don't have terribly loose skin either. Obviously, at 50 years old, I'm not as tight as I was at 20, but I'm not bad at all! My only fear is that I will taper off before I've lost all my weight. So far I am still losing about 5 pounds a month, which I don't think is anything to complain about.
white2003toyota
on 10/16/05 4:01 am - Kaneohe, HI
Hi Maryellen!!! We must be twins!!! I had lap rny on January 10, 2005 and have also lost 86 pounds. I just saw my surgeon yesterday and he says that I am doing fine. I know exactly what you mean about the loose skin, etc. I am 52 years old and was so afraid that I would have all this loose skin and that I would look older. Surprisingly, I have had people tell me that I actually look 20 years younger!! I think maybe that might be a stretch, but it sure makes me feel good. I have the same fear about not reaching my goal. I am currently losing about 6-7 pounds per month. I am only 5 feet tall and my goal is 120 pounds. What is your goal weight? My doctor told me that if I reach 140 pounds that would be great. But I think that's too heavy for my height. I started out at 253 pounds so I still feel like I have a way to go. I thought I had started out at 261 pounds but found out that I actually was 253 pounds. My doctor just told me that I should step up my exercising in order to reach my goal. He said that ideally I have a 4 month window to lose the rest of my weight. Have a great week!! Aloha, Pat
SANNYGIRL0522
on 10/16/05 3:34 am - LITCHFIELD, OH
I HAD MY SURGERY 1/4/05 AND HAVE LOST 88 LBS. I STARTED @291. WOULD LIKE TO BE ABOUT 145 I AM 5'7". I AM FINE WITH IT. ANY ADVICE FOR ME PLEASE!
Taylor R.
on 10/16/05 12:53 pm
I am at 86 lbs. I feel great and my doctors are happy with that weight loss. I seem to be stuck at this weight for a month - month and a half. I'll be stepping up the workout to see if things move faster. I have just about 32 pounds to go before I hit my goal weight. We all should be proud of each other. Jen
Margo J
on 10/16/05 2:06 pm - Fairfield, CA
I haven't lost 100 lbs. since sugery. I have lost 94 lbs, and continue to lose about 5lbs. per month. I have skin issues on certain body parts, but still look good in clothes so who cares. I still have a way to go...about 58 more lbs. I have been stuck up and dopwn for the last month, but more exercise and protein has definitely helped. 334/313/219
Kimmie B.
on 10/17/05 2:26 am - Fleetwood, PA
I have lost 91 lbs since 1/24/05 and feel great. My starting weight was 286. I only seem to lose 2 weeks out of the month but I lose about 6 lbs a month. I have 45 lbs to lose to meet MY goal weight then I will see if I want to lose more. I have loose skin on my legs and stomach area but I am dealing with it. We are all doing fantastic. Kim 286/195/150ish -91 lbs
Deb S.
on 10/17/05 2:43 am - Tampa, FL
I have lost 90lbs. My average is between 5-7 lbs per month now. My goal is to lose another 44 lbs then I will be happy.
1hotmama
on 10/17/05 7:41 am - perry, OK
ME!! I haven't. I still have 18 more to go just for that then another 20-30 after. I really don't see me hitting goal, ever. My loss slowed down again. I've only lost really well for 4 1/2 solid months total po. I'm now 9 months out. Maybe 5. But still! Marti 253/169(not official)
Mary J
on 10/17/05 1:19 pm
Well today is exactly 9 mos out. I am down 79 since surgery and a total of 90. I was in the hospital and tube fed a lot of calories until the first week of Feb after my surgery due to many complications and never got that initial big loss so many have had. I also never had a big (6+ lb) week. I have lost just the same. Do I want to be at goal YES, will I get there ?? I Sure hope so and plan to. How long will it take???? who knowa I gained all the weight over many years. What I DO know...I am still losing even if only a few pounds a month. We are all different. I am grateful to have lost what I have so far. I would love to be at goal by 1 year out (20ish more lbs). We are not alove...we have each other and many others who are where we are at. HUGS to all of us slower losers we are special :> HUGS Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics