hi there fellow 11 monthers!

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 3:53 am - Cheyenne, WY
I just wanted to say hi over here.  i had RNY on Feb. 23, 2009.  Have lost 76lbs so far, way behind from where i had hoped i would be at this point.  i hope to read through other posts on here and learn from everyone. 
I don't want this ride to be over!!!  My best to you all.
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 4:59 am
Hello,

Had Lap Band Surgery 2/24/09. I have lost 105lbs and hoped to be closer to 150lbs lost. Have had struggles along the way. Smpathy eating along with my wife's pregnancy was the real kicker. at one point I had been at 110lbs lost. Back on track now!
Keep to the basics and you will be fine!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 6:20 am - Cheyenne, WY
Wow!  You should be so proud of your accomplishments with weight loss and congratulations on the soon-to-be-arrival of your baby.  Losing 105lbs is terrific....hope i can say that one day. Have a support group meeting tonight.  It's been like a month since I have gone so maybe that will help.
Thanks so much for saying hi! I have found alot of support on OH, it's nice since I don't have people in my life that have had WLS.  
Kathy P.
on 1/30/10 10:43 am - Port Orchard, WA
Hello! I had RNY on 2/9/09. I am about 14 lbs. go my Doc goal, and have lost 92% of excess body weight. I work out approximatey 4 days per week, to include eliptical, running, weights, and swimming. Altough I lightened up the swimming and increased my running (I do 2 5k's per month, then shorter runs on alternating weekends****ep my protein as close to 100 g. as possible, usually a bit over. My caloric intake is around 1100 per day (average is 1050).
My loss has slowed, but is still around 2 lb.s per week, so this close to my goal...I am okay with it. My inches are going down quicker than the scale, so there is still progress!

I am down from a 26/28 dress or top size and a 26 pant size (of course those were the elastic waist...in jeans I would have been closer to a 28 or 30..maybe bigger) to a size 10 top and bottom.

I have the flying squirrel thing going on, but try not to focus on it too much, as I cannot even imagine plastics right now. I'm too busy!!! And, I need to make sure the doc reports a medical neccessity, or no insurance coverage.

I wouldn't worry about being "behind" or "ahead". Every BODY is different, and metabolisms change at different rates. As long as you are following your plan, feeling good, and enjoying your journey along with all the small victories, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Keep it up, you are doing wonderful, (and by the way, you are beautiful!)

Hugs to ya,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
jharrington8172
on 1/31/10 8:41 pm - Hermitage, TN
Hey there - I had the DS on 2/24/09 with Dr. Houston.   I have lost 276 pounds in the past year and I am still loosing.   I have had my 1st stall these past two weeks and I am not stressing a bit over it.   I am over 25 pounds below my goal weight set by my surgeon and I am working to get down to a normal BMI.   I was even described as the tall skinny one the other day - ME that is so funny.  Anywho... congrats to everyone who had WLS a in Feb of 09 - keep up the good work.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 8:48 am
I'm a slow looser too but we are still loosing.  We will get there too.  Chin up. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 780 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 769 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 874 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1104 views