how has everyone been?

Steph_L
on 6/24/10 2:45 pm - MN
I'm at my surgeon's goal. I'm about 20 pounds away from the original goal I'd set for myself but am not sure I should lose that much more; my neck, collarbones, shoulders etc are getting pretty gaunt. My hips, however, do not look gaunt.

I'll be looking into plastic surgery soon to deal with the "flying squirrel effect on underarms, belly and thighs.

It's been a wild ride but I'm very glad I did this.
Start: 420  |  Day of Surgery: 381 | Current: 223 | Goal: 199 Milestones:
100+ pounds lost
Under 250 pounds (first time in decades)
Weigh less than husband for first time
wongypsygirl
on 7/7/10 12:53 am
Wow....it really has been awhile since I've posted. I stop by every so often to check the board and catch up on what is happening with everyone. A little update on me....

Just moved, July 1st, from GA to the Panama City area of FL. Love it here so far. Still up to my ears in boxes but I'll get them all unpacked....eventually. I feel great. I just made it into the 150's....woot woot! I'm down almost 140 pounds since surgery. Wearing 6's and 8's feels great. Still trying to figure out my "style". Shopping is a lot more fun but harder than I thought it would be. The old styles and cuts that looked good on me don't look so hot anymore so I feel a little lost when it comes time to buy outfits.

I think the biggest change has been that I am now a participant in life as opposed to being a spectator. I no longer sit on the sidelines watching all the action go by. I know I smile more, I know I have moments of  pure joy, I know I love racing my kids on the beach...and WINNING!   I also am able to express my love for my husband more often and freely. It's amazing what a little self-esteem can do! I'll leave it at that for now. I posted a few updated pictures on my page. Swing by & check them out. Hope all is well with my February friends.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 781 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 770 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 875 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1106 views