Thankful for the surgery :)

Mary H.
on 6/23/03 3:33 am - Decatur, IL
Hi, I am from Decatur, IL and had surgery April 18th, 2003. I have lost 60 pounds and am very pleased. I have 90 pounds to go. I walk at the gym 5 times a week for an hour and have also started taking water aerobics classes 4 times a week. My motivation is other people who have had the surgery. I usually get nauseated when I eat any type of meat or when I think of meats. This weekend was the 1st time that I was able to eat some meat (lamb) and not get sick or feel ill. YIPEE I have no problems with water but sometimes I do feel like I am eating too much and so I just stop. I worry that I will stretch my stomach out. I am never hungry and just go by a schedule of when I will eat. I am so thankful for the people I have talked to thru this website and thankful that I had this surgery! Good Luck to all Suggestions for eating meats/fish/poultry are very much appreciated
Belinda M.
on 6/23/03 5:26 am - Labadie, MO
Hi Mary, my name is Bee. I had my surgery on 4/22/03, lap rny, and am feeling great. I don't hardly eat any meat either but I didn't like meat before I had surgery. My doctor doesn't allow us to have any read meat for six months so all I can have is poultry, fish and seafood. I eat alot of fat free cheese and my protein shakes. I am only 39 pounds down but I couldn't be more pleased. I did not want to loose too quickly for fear of skin sag. My skin seems to be keeping up with me pretty well so far. Good luck and just take it slow. Do not try to push things that don't go easy. I only eat what sets well for me and everyone is different.
wildchild
on 6/24/03 1:04 am - Pitman, NJ
Hi Mary, I had my surgery on April 21, 2003 and have lost 46 pounds so far. I find that if your meats are as moist as possible it helps, and don't reheat left over meats, it dries them out and it does not sit well or will make you sick. If you can not tolerate it now, try again at another time, I have been told this by many wls people. Try chicken salad with canned shredded white chicken with low fat or fat free mayo. The moistness of the mayo might help. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far!!!
danielle G.
on 6/24/03 9:16 am - okeechobee, fl
Hi, my surgury was on April 14th and I lost 65lbs .I have been to sick to exercise but I just came home from the hospital on friday and I think I am going to quit getting sick now . I hope to be able to exercise soon I have 70lbs to go . My skin isnt sagging but I am only 20 I also had much trouble eating any meat at all but it is getting easier now . I never get hungry either I just eat because I feel like I should eat once a day at least but I get full really quick.
Robin I.
on 6/25/03 12:54 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi Mary, wow, you go gal!!! I can't get motivated to exercise!! how do you do it????????? Robin In VA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1108 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 842 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1040 views