3 month (really 3 1/2) mos out CHECKUP UPDATE

michelly1030
on 8/3/10 6:38 am - Turlock, CA
So yesterday I finally had the big 3 month checkup with the PA at my surgeon's office. She was quite impressed and very proud of me. I am down to 181, from 258... 248 the day of surgery (lost 10 lbs in the 2 wk pre-op diet) I am 6 lbs away from my goal already... She said that she is happy that I am making such great progress and that I can start the maintenance phase of my diet! I am allowed to eat salad and a little bread, more good carbs (fruits and veggies) and told me to try to increase the amount I can eat (still can only fit 2-3 oz max). She wants to see me get up to 4 oz a meal (she told me that at 1 month out and I cannot do it still!) She did warn me that because surgery is still so new to me, that I will surpass my goal weight by A LOT (30-50 lbs she predicts) and will have a hard time slowing/stopping weight loss, but it will give me some room to gain weight (which she also says will be hard for me, very hard, first time for everything haha). I DO NOT want to lose that much weight. I am at 181 now and I feel skinny. I am 5'8, my BMI is 28 and I am pleased a*****h! I cannot imagine myself at like 130 lbs! YUCK. I want to be curvy and have already lost my bubbly butt (wanted to keep some plumpness but its already fallen flat) and my boobs...from a 42C to a B at best! (thank u victoria's secret and the miraculous bra- adds TWO cup sizes, get it! Best $55 Ive EVER spent lol!) I am doing more muscle toning excercise to firm up more but I really dont have much extra skin at all, which I feel very lucky about. I cant believe I have come this far so soon!
I asked her about my vomiting issues. In the last wk, I noticed that if I wait TWO hours before drinking after meals, no vomiting. Told the PA who says "Based on what we've talked about since surgery, I think you have more secretions (phlegm in pouch) in the AM and in between meals but you also have a smaller than average pouch. So hot drinks before meals and in the morning and wait the 2 hrs and see if farther down the line it improves"  was so glad to hear that it wasn't a stricture. I haven't vomited in 3 days. It's a miracle.
Good luck to everyone else on their weight loss journeys. It is amazing, isn't it??? My only regret is not doing it sooner, although I couldn't because I wasn't heavy enough...lol ironic eh?
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Emily F.
on 8/3/10 9:00 am
Sounds great!! I can't believe you are that close to goal! Crazy! I'm glad you have a lead on how to stop vomiting so much. Way to go, girl.
kbowman2
on 8/3/10 9:57 am
WOW!  You are doing so great!!!  Good for you.  Wow, to be at goal so soon!  I'm glad the vomiting has subsided and you have a game plan for the future.  Also, that's wonderful about your skin.  Good to know you won't need any plastics...can't say the same for me....LOL  Really though, you have done a fabulous job and I hope for your sake you don't get too much skinnier.  Just follow doc's orders and you should be okay.  Best of luck for the future!!!!

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

mspiccolo
on 8/4/10 3:47 am - Camarillo, CA
Congratulations!  You've done great!

kitycat58
on 8/5/10 11:54 am
Congratz.  You have done really well.  I still am strugglin with my weight loss cuz my thryoid became underactive 2 months ago.  I am stuck at 198 for now.  Also my arthritis in my knees has flared greatly since I can no longer take Motrin.  I did not realize HOW much Motrin covered up my pain issues.  I only hope that as the weight goes down, this will get better. 

So you celebrate for both of us, and I only hope to catch up to you soon.  Be happy..

Kathy
wiltedrose314
on 8/11/10 1:45 am - Falmouth, MA
wow girl you are doing amazing keep up the great work!! do you have new pics posted??
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 878 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1211 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 984 views