Surgery is in a couple of days

FtWorthLibra59
on 4/3/12 8:20 am - OK

Hi My name is Jessie G.Harvey and I'm having suegery in 6 days , at St.Fransics hospitail. On Wednsday I'm having my last meeting with Dr.Varnell my surgeon and then on thursday afternoon is my post-op at the hospitail, and I'm am a nervous wreeck. anybody have any advice. 

Boy I'm Happy as a Lamb  , because I'm down to 305lbs .That's good I'm down from 365lbs a month ago
healthylaurie
on 4/3/12 10:06 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/13/12
Hi Jessie! I'm having surgery on the 13th at Overlake. I haven't got to the nervous wreck state yet, but it's probably coming! Keep taking big breaths and go and look at the before and after photos. Someone at a support group that I went to recently suggested that. I have been doing that today and feel more focused on why I am doing this. I have also been spending some time wandering around on the boards. Hang in there and let us know how you do!
Laurie     Height:  5'10" HW 281, Consult 276, SW 269.9, CW 238.7      
Mo1: - 22.2 Mo2:                                      
thefrostedside
on 4/9/12 4:39 am - Canada
Good luck Jessie!  My surgery is tomorrow...Friday I was a wreck...overly emotional to the point of weepy at the thought of even leaving my kids in the very capable hands of their father for the 3 days I would be in hospital...then I went to Easter dinner and I listened to all of the snide comments from my family about who has put on weight, who needs to "watch themselves" (they don't know that I'm having surgery) and all I could think about was "at the next major family gather I won't be on their hit list" lol and that seemed to snap me out of it.  

Today I'm calm...dropping my kids off tomorrow...well...that will probably be another story lol!  As much as I hate early mornings I'm now regretting not pushing for an earlier OR than 11:30...I will drive myself crazy!
luvbugjess75
on 4/9/12 10:50 am - PA

yes as the days get closer i to hve gotten more emotional, but this is the best thing for me and im clam . good luck and hope to hear from you soon.
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/12 9:40 pm - Romulus, MI
RNY on 04/25/12
So Jessie, how did everything go? I hope that you are comfortable and happy with your decision to have WLS.
I am having my RNY done on 4/25 and I am ecstatic...I am waiting for the moment to come where I will be self doubting my decision, it has not come yet and I have warned my husband. lol I have been a bit cranky, from the anxiety and feeling bored and not being able to eat solid food has been difficult. I just found a Protein drink that is only 100 calories and it has 17 grams of Protein...I went out yesterday and bought some more. I have been walking a lot and drinking like a camel (water of course) so now I am just waiting...
Looking forward to hearing about how your big day went.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 months out! How is everyone?
AnnMarie · 2 replies · 465 views
New surgery date
dmmassengale09 · 2 replies · 726 views
Post Surgery Weight
rmichelleb · 4 replies · 714 views