i cant stand the wait

julie G.
on 3/22/04 4:52 am - spokane, WA
I have my surgery date for May 28. It seems like it will be forever. But the big thing is now I am really scared. Not of having the surgery but of failing. I have failed at every diet I have been on and this is my last hope. What if I just cant give up the food? I want this so much but I have wanted it to work in the past too. Anyone else have the same feelings?
Ms. H.
on 3/22/04 9:27 am - NEW YORK, ny
Oh I so relate to your fears. I guess that what we need is the extra help this tool will give. You just won't be able to binge, because you'll get sick. You don't have the "tool' now. I heard a wonderful thing this morning. I was talking to someone about how I hate the word "discipline". I was talking about food of course! She said...do you mean discipline or "intention". She said discipline ususally means control, which is combative right off the bat. Intention is positive and implies having a focus. If we forget our intention we can always remind ourselfs and re-focus. Discipline is rigid and is black or white. Somehow that made a big difference to me. Being the web girl that I am...I immediately went out there and started surfing about "living with intention". Some very cool stuff. Meanwhile I'm sending you big hugs (((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and lots of your way. Be kind to yourself. You're worked your butt off (no pun intended) to get this far. You can go the distance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
marginal ulcer
lawoman · 0 replies · 1098 views
acai berry
finally68 · 0 replies · 667 views
anyone out here ?
RHONDA FROM KY · 8 replies · 1137 views
Would somebody analyze this?
Oreosmom · 1 replies · 747 views