8 years out

Dee C.
on 6/11/10 2:19 pm - New Boston, OH
I am currently 8 years out since I had my surgery.  I have been successul with my weight loss.  I know several people who have had the surgery who were not successful, but if you follow the guidelines of the diet you will suceed.   I started with my hightest weight of 350 lbs. but I did lose weight before the surgery (I had a gastric bypass), and I am now down to 125-128 lbs.    The key is to stay with the diet, no overeating, I still can't eat too much because it makes me too sick.  This is no magic bullet, as they say, it is work.  You still have to control what you eat, I have a hard time with beef, pasta, bread, and ice cream,  but I can usually eat what I want.  If your stomach says your full, then you're full even if those last bites look really good, you have to stop eating.  Don't forget to work out after the surgery because you will have alot of excess skin and it has to be firmed up.  I am too scared of the plastic surgery ( I didn't get on well with the surgeon) so I didn't do the plastic surgery, but if I had I would look better and be about 25-30 lbs. lighter, The "daisy-duke' shorts are not in my wardrobe, but I can go anywhere and find clothes to fit me. 
The surgery is the best decision that I ever made, but everyone must make their own decision.  As I said surgery is no magic bullet, but it can be a start of a whole new life.  Remember there is a reason  that you were overeating in the first place, you have to get that straightened out first or you will substitute something else for the food. 
 Best of luck to everyone.  God Bless.
mszdaisy
on 6/28/10 11:57 pm - PA
I agree I had my surgery June 26, 2002. I am also 8yrs out. I have managed to keep off all the weight. I lost 200lbs. I went from 324 to 127 lbs. Life is great!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out
Dee C. · 1 replies · 1594 views
Happy Birthday Everybody
walkerl35 · 0 replies · 575 views
6 years out
Kelly R. · 0 replies · 501 views
5 Years Out...
moertel · 0 replies · 552 views