12 years out from my surgery date.......

funnygerl
on 8/29/14 3:16 am - Van Nuys, CA

I started out at 341.  I landed solidly between 195 & 200 for YEARS.  I got sick and was unable to exercise & gained 35lbs.  I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and am back on track.  I've already lost 7lbs and am ready to lose 43 more (so I have a bigger cushion for slippage). 

Listen, I never got down to the incredible weights that I see on this forum.  I've NEVER seen 150lbs & don't expect to.  I am fine with myself if I can maintain somewhere between 180 & 200.  That is the weight where I feel prettiest, most comfortable and not deprived.  I still enjoy my life whi*****ludes food.  Now that I am approaching 50 though, I think I want to find a plastic surgeon to deal with my panis & arms. 

I have had several nutritional issues over the years but I have to say that having this surgery really was one of the best things that ever happened to me.  I am now watching my family members that didn't think it was a good idea go through a lot of health issues related to their obesity. 

mszdaisy
on 9/17/14 8:00 am - PA

Hello  I am also 12 years out since surgery. I started at 324 go down to 135. After 12 years I have gained recently about 25 lbs . Over the last 5 years I have lost my sister to cancer and my mom to heart failure issues. I am working on taking off the 25 pounds.like you I am grateful for the success that this sergury has given me. It is a continuous struggle and work. Hang in there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out
Dee C. · 1 replies · 1589 views
Happy Birthday Everybody
walkerl35 · 0 replies · 572 views
6 years out
Kelly R. · 0 replies · 497 views
5 Years Out...
moertel · 0 replies · 549 views