1 week has passed

Crabadams72
on 6/16/11 11:15 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Good news pre-ops! This WLS has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I had an uneventful surgery no problems with meds or water intake. The hospital staff was shaky though. Some nurses were more on top of things than others so my goal was to get out of there a.s.a.p!

I came home with a drain that I hated. It got removed on Weds and for "me" that **** hurt! I should've been numbed beforehand.

I am home relaxing and on purred food today. Last night I went out to outback w hubby and I had french onion soup. I did not eat the croutons, I tasted the cheese (also had gb removed) and minutes later I had to make a run for the restroom (sorry but I am being honest here). I was able to nibble on his mashed potatoes! Yum!

I am down 13 pounds in one week. I am amazed! Even On previous diets I did not accomplish this!

I love my sleeve!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

ALSGIRL02
on 6/17/11 1:29 am
hello my name is alsgirl02 on here i would appreciate if you accepted my friend request. i would first like to congradulate you on your decisoin to change your life. i like how honest you were on your post thats why im writting to you. can you tell me how was t he pain when you first woke from surgery?  I am scheduled for the 27th of this month and that is one of my major concerns

your response is appreciated
Crabadams72
on 6/17/11 1:42 am - Silver Spring, MD
I know it sound like the same thing everyone says but I compare it to situps. Like 100+ and you feel the muscle pain. It is not unbearable. Your throat may also be sore (it took about 2 days for that to go away). Drinking too much too fast feels like a big air buble going down. It is uncomfortable. So practice taking tiny sips of water.

Have chapstick because the lips get so dry.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

princessfrogee
on 6/17/11 4:00 pm - AL
Glad to hear you are doing so well!!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
texaskc
on 6/18/11 11:27 pm - KS
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is great to hear that you are doing so well.
HW:282, SW:248, Pounds lost on liquid pre-op (3 weeks): 17 lbs, GW:180

1st month: -14lbs; 2nd month: -10lbs; 3rd month:-4lbs
Most Active