checking in

a_better_life81
on 7/26/12 5:31 am - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12
   Well, I had my surgery on Tuesday. I was pretty nervous about it but then friend hugged me and my husband kissed me and the nurse gave me some kind of drugs she called a margarita and that's all I remember until I woke up in recovery. I guess my surgeon even came by and I talked to him. I have no memory of that. 

I spent much of Tuesday sleeping with some family in and out to visit me. I was not as bad off pain wise as I expected to be on Tuesday. 
Wednesday I was a little more sore and had trouble walking.  I was very unsteady on my feet. My legs felt as though they were jello. I walked a few times and finally was able to pee so they didn't have to put my cath back in
Today I am sore...so very sore. The vein my IV was in blew this morning and now that arm is very sore. I am a lot more tired than I thought I would be and a lot weaker than I expected. I am going to have to start getting some protein and calories in soon. I am not hungry, so I will just have to take it nice and slow. 

It feels weird to be on this side of surgery. I did "gain" a few lbs being in the hospital but the Dr said its from all the swelling and water and that walking will help that. 

kiki47
on 8/1/12 5:02 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
I had the same thing on the gaining of weight, but all the gas and not having a bowl movement , swelling etc does that... I weighed myself this morning and since Monday I lost 5lbs.
The nurse came and changed the bandages because they left my incision open she said it is healing fantastically. she was amazed at how much it healed since yesterday.
Are you at home now or still in the hospital? I was suppose to be in for 7-10 days but they couldn't check me out fast enough. apparently, my healking is doing so well they had no reason to keep me.
well have a fantastic day! chin up it is up hill from here!

a_better_life81
on 8/1/12 5:27 am - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12
 I have been home since Thursday I only had to be in there 2 nights. I had laproscopic. I have 6- 1/2 incisions. I am not in any pain now, though a little tender all my cuts are pretty well healed. I had some problems with protein and had to be put on pureed foods early, so I am doing much  better now. 

kiki47
on 8/1/12 9:43 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
thats great. I had to be opened as it was a revision and because of previous surgeries. it's all a matter of patience and day by day.
I am still on full fluids for another 7 days, then introduce the solids.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Month 5!
a_better_life81 · 2 replies · 500 views
3 months out...
livinglifelarge · 2 replies · 580 views
Duck Poop
Wendy_Berd · 0 replies · 664 views
How is everyone doing?!
Barbara_journey · 5 replies · 657 views