Greetings!

lelagoddess
on 8/2/12 7:21 am
Let's get this board started!  I'm having sleeve surgery (revision from lapband) on September 5, if all goes well with insurance.  Although I don't have that final ok, I had to start letting work know so they could get coverage for me. 

I'm not in any kind of preop diet yet, but I see my doc on August 10, and should get all the details then.

If you're out there--let's start talking.

--Lela

on_my_way2012
on 8/3/12 6:16 am - NY

I just got my surgery date today..Sept 4.  I thought I would be so much more excited than I am, and I feel very let down. I have lost 17 of my 29 lbs.

lelagoddess
on 8/4/12 6:20 am
I somehow deleted your friends request...not on purpose!

What's going on that you feel let down about?  Your doc wants you to lose 29 lbs preop and you are *only* down 17?  17 lbs is a wonderful accomplishment!  You will lose more on your preop diet, and if you could lose a ton on your own, why would you be having WLS?

Sarah C.
on 8/6/12 9:03 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
I totally agree with lela - Celebrate your loss!  I've only lost 8, but have faith that I'll get to where I need to be pre-surgery.  I think you should be extremely proud of yourself!  You're already going in the right direction!!  I learned at one of my support group meetings that some patients will have GAINED 10-15 lbs from their first weigh in up to their surgery date.  Whoa.  I couldn't believe it.  And I won't lie...my first weigh in after my initial consult I was up 5 lbs.  I had that "holy crap I won't be able to eat this anymore" mentality.  Um.  yeah, i changed that tune REAL fast.  I stepped on that scale and was ASHAMED.  So, really i've lost 13 lbs, but....I don't count that first 5. 

Anyway, be proud.  You've come so far already!!  and it's within reach!!  You'll be there before you know it.  :) 

X
Sarah :) 

on_my_way2012
on 8/11/12 9:56 am - NY
I'm not sure why I feel like this.  I just have been working sooo hard and when I finally got my date I guess I just expected it would feel more like a reward then it did.  However this week has been great and I am much more excited about it.  I'm scared too!!
Sarah C.
on 8/16/12 2:07 pm - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
You know, I went to my therapist yesterday and he talked to me about rewards.  Getting your date is a reward in itself, but the real rewards will come after.  Each step you're taking towards a new you brings you closer to rewards you probably never thought possible (I know I certainly don't know all my potential rewards! I'm just now beginning to dream about them!) 

I think we're all scared.  I'm scared because I have no idea what it's like to be thin.  I'm scared of shopping in stores and still thinking that everyone else thinks I'm "too fat to shop" in that store. 

I guess we all have lots to be afraid of.  Is there anything specific you're afraid of?  maybe the rest of us can help each other! :D 

paisley987
on 8/4/12 8:14 am
VSG on 09/24/12
 Hi there.  I've got my date scheudled for Sept 24th.  I'm so excited but annoyed it's not sooner.  Oh well.  I'm dreading the pre-op diet, but know I will get through it.  Good luck to you all.

Nicolle

bbtwin
on 8/5/12 11:21 am - Powder Springs, GA
VSG on 09/25/12
 I just got my surgery scheduled on Friday for September 25th.  I'm nervous, excited and ready to begin a new chapter of my life.  I to am nervous about the PRE-op diet.  I'm going to be cranky!  ;-)
paisley987
on 8/5/12 11:32 am
VSG on 09/24/12
 I hear you about the pre-op diet.  I'm finding myself a little lacking in control now because I'm subconciously thinking, "I'm not gonna have this for a while, so I'll have it now".  I've lost more than the required 10lbs, but I can't gain it all back now.  It's so hard...  

lelagoddess
on 8/5/12 11:50 pm
I have a few worries right now:

This friday is the last visit of my 90 day pre-op insurance requirements.  Then they submit to insurance.  I do not have final approval yet, and although everything has been done to Aetna's standards, I'm worried something will come up.

I have two weeks off between semesters (I'm in grad school) so if something gets delayed, I have to push my surgery to December--my next break after September. 

I'm worried about the pre-op diet (who isn't?!?)  I know I'll be hungry, and cranky...and preparing for a final, all at the same time.  Oy.  

Work is giving me trouble since I told them I would most likely need time off in September but it's not definate yet.  They need to get my shifts covered if it is definate, and they need time to do it.  However, *I* don't know if it's definate yet, and they don't seem to get that.

A little voice in my head keeps asking if I"m making the right choice (VSG instead of RNY--not surgery in general).  I'm having my lapband out and revising and I never want to go through this again.  I really want the VSG, but my doc is trying to persuade me to the RNY due to me having (probably band induced) GERD.  Everything I've read makes me think VSG is a beter option for me, but I can't see the future!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 731 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 796 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 699 views