Two Weeks! Pre-Op tomorrow!

Sarah C.
on 8/22/12 11:10 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
I'm so excited that my pre op is tomorrow!  I had a mental breakthrough last night when I was having my hair done.  I saw my self in a full length mirror. it was NOT a pretty sight.  I now have zero doubts about having this surgery, though my doubts before were minimal at best. 

I'll update everyone tomorrow as to what all I had to do for my pre-op, but I guess I finally meet the doctor, visit the hospital, have labs, blah blah.  we'll see!  :)  

SO STINKING CLOSE!!  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

yes, minor freak out.

Feelin-lika-cow
on 8/23/12 4:09 am - north port, FL
We are having same surgery same day!! Best wishes to you : ) My pre op is next Wed.

I will try to follow you on here : )

Lisa
akr9911
on 8/24/12 8:58 am
VSG on 06/20/13
How was your pre-op visit? Inquiring minds want to know!
lelagoddess
on 8/26/12 10:55 am
How's the preop going?  I'm on day 5 of my 2 week pre-op diet.  Yesterday I discovered cold, sweet, protein shakes weren't doing it for me, but I had some broth and I felt much better.  Anyone else doing a 2 week full liquid diet?

Sarah C.
on 8/26/12 11:17 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
Well!  I made it through my pre-op, am very happy with the hospital I chose for services (never been there before, it's fairly new) but i was up 2.5 lbs from my recent food funeral.  Ah, but I'm doing much better now.  A small scolding from Dr. Roller was all I needed. 

I started my pre-op diet, but I don't have to do full liquid.  I do 2 meal replacement shakes then a normal meal, but I can have non-starchy veggies as a snack, or low fat, high protein things like cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese, etc. 

Fortunately, they also approved the morning before the surgery (my only day for all clear liquids) that we can have  a protein shake.  This is a HUGE thing for me because I found out Friday I have a mandatory full staff meeting that morning and OF COURSE they'll have FOOD. I'm both ticked and relieved that this has happened.  I'm ticked because I asked off for the first two weeks of september MONTHS ago.  but I'm relieved because it'll take a little bit of the anxiety off my mind and will kill some time that day before.  But then i get to come home and start my magnesium citrate.  Oh, joy! 

As of my weigh in this AM, according to MY scales, I've dropped 2.4 of the lbs I'd gained according to their charts.  I'd like to drop like 5 more, but I'll be happy to get to 238.6 which is where I've been hanging for a while.  that's only 1.5  more from where I am.  If I can get there, i'll be satisfied for a pre-op weight.  :)  

akr9911
on 8/27/12 8:04 am
VSG on 06/20/13

I'm glad the visit went well. I don't even think you needed the scolding - you had done enough of that on yourself! But I'm sure DR gave you good reasons to be vigilent, and not a lot of guilt like you were tossing on yourself. Agreed that it sucks that they are doing this meeting that you now have to attend but also agreed that it will likely be good to keep your mind off things. I'm sure it'll help the day go faster, even if there are piles of temptations in front of you. Excited for you!

E

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 731 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 796 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 699 views