3 days and counting

on_my_way2012
on 8/31/12 8:19 am - NY
I can't believe it...only 3 days to go!!!   I am so excited and scared to death all rolled in to one.  Does anyone have any last minute things I may need that maybe I haven't thought of??
Chrissylyne64
on 8/31/12 10:33 am, edited 8/31/12 10:33 am - painesville, OH
RNY on 09/04/12
pill crusher?  mouth spray?  slippers?your own pillow..hospital pillows suck..lol.....

By the way...good luck..My surgerys the same day :)
on_my_way2012
on 8/31/12 10:14 pm - NY
Thanks I don't have a pill crusher or mouth spray....what do you recommend?
lelagoddess
on 9/1/12 10:57 am
Gas-X (mylicon) strips for when you get home.  Mouthwash for immediate post op when you can't swallow but your mouth tastes icky.  Chapstick.  I'm bringing all my own toiletries 'cause I'm picky.  Your own socks (especially with little grippies)  PJ's--or at least shorts/yoga pants to wear under your hospital robe when you are up and walking.  Comfy clothes to wear home. 

Let's keep the list going...I have my surgery on the 5th!

Sarah C.
on 9/1/12 2:22 pm - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
AAAAHHHHH!!  I just want to scream I'm so excited for all of us!!

Mouthwash was a GREAT one!  No one has mentioned that yet that I can remember. 

A fan, chapstick, socks/slippers, a robe, books, a list of folks and their phone/e-mail that you want contacted post surgery, photo of loved one/dogs/kids to reduce anxiety, pillow, MP3/Headsets, toiletries, comfy clothes to wear home... Phone charger! 

magazines...simple articles because you'll be pretty out of it that first day so you won't want to be reading War and Peace. 

I'm also taking my laptop (for mom more than for me!) and my Kindle Fire.  plus my surgery guide from the doctor.  

Hmm.  if I think of anything else, i'll certainly post.  it'll look like I'm moving in, i'm sure!  

Summer R.
on 9/1/12 6:53 pm
RNY on 09/06/12
My surgery is on Thursday...and I'm already working on my list for packing!  I'm so excited and I'm afraid I'll need something and not have it.  Since my hospital is over an hour away I can't let that happen!  So excited to be starting this journey!  Good luck, I'll be crossing my fingers and praying for you!

on_my_way2012
on 9/1/12 9:03 pm - NY
WOW..lots of things I had not thought of!!!  Thanks everyone.  Good luck and best wishes to all!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 731 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 796 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 699 views