November losers!

terri266
on 10/15/07 11:22 am
Hi and congrats to all here on the November board. We are taking an important step to healthier lives in the near future so I congratulate all of us! Next step is making all of the post OP folks scoot on down that loser's bench ...LOL My surgery is scheduled for the 12 th of November so ....let's make sure we encourage each other on this path.
medhatlady
on 10/16/07 12:09 pm - Medicine Hat, Canada
Hi Terri........Are you excited or what????????????I am sooooo excited to get the show on the road! My surgery is schedualed for the 29th of November. Good luck to u!!!!
John W.
on 10/16/07 12:26 pm - Near Topeka, KS
Terri, You have a great attiitude and I'm glad you are encouraging all of those November folks to speak up and make this board the most important and active board of the next month or two. If everyone answers a post or two, this board will really pick up over the next couple of weeks. I'm still active on the May 2007 board and we even set up chat sessions several times leading up to our surgery dates. We have tight bonds over there since we have something special in common. You are well on your way to the other side where the losers bench is waiting. John
isuez
on 10/19/07 11:11 pm - IL
Hi Terri- I am on the Nov. surgery board also. I am looking forward to keeping in touch with my fellow surgery mates. Anytime we can share information, answer questions for each other and maybe calm some fears along the way- or at least give honest answers on what we went through, it may help someone. I am scheduled for the first on November. I don't have my time yet, but I do have a Whole LIST of instructions, and it is overwhelming. BUT, everything was explained in detail, the dietition will have a personalized date/timeline of when to progress from clear to full liqd's, when to add the vitamins or other meds, etc. I am not sleeping much, I think I have too much on my mind, all the wondering. Lots of others went before us, and more will continue down the road after us as well. Lets just keep the encouragement going, and 'pay it forward' as they say. I hope to hear from you soon, and as always be safe and healthy. sue
Pam T.
on 10/20/07 12:50 am - Saginaw, MI
Hi November Losers! I was just scheduled yesterday for November 13th. I'm still dealing with the shock of it all and trying to adjust my mindset out of "fight the insurance company" and get into the mindset of "prepare for surgery." I've been fighting for 18 months, so I'm doing a huge turnaround right now in my head. Bt I'm certainly happy to be where I am right now. I'm excited to get to know ya'll better and offer whatever support I can to the rest of our special little group here. Pam
Tammy5346
on 10/20/07 7:52 am - Tipp City, OH
Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on the November board. Today is my first day checking out the chat boards. My RNY is scheduled for November 28th. I am very excited, but I am also getting really nervous! I get really excited seeing all the before and after pictures and hearing great success stories, but on the other hand when I read all the complications and I read some not so good stories it makes we very nervous. I sometimes wonder if I am really doing the right thing! Does anyone else feel this way?
Pam T.
on 10/22/07 7:27 am - Saginaw, MI
Tammy: Congrats on your date! Yes, I also get very nervous at times and wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Those thoughts don't last very long though because I KNOW this is the right thing for me. Mostly, I'm excited. I also read about the complications and also the memorial postings - it's scary. But when I read those profiles I try to learn something from them and figure out what went wrong and how I could avoid the same situation. For instance, my sister's MIL had RNY and had extreme complications and almost died .... but the reason she had most of her complications were because of her non-compliance. Her surgeon told her to stop smoking - she *said* she did, but didn't. Her surgeon told her to cut out caffine - she *said* she did, but didn't. Those two factors effected her healing process and nearly cost her her life. So I plan to follow my surgeon's instructions to the T - without exception and without trying to pull the wool over his eyes. I'll follow my yucky liquid diet for the full 15 days like I was told so my risk of liver complications is reduced. I'll do my breathing exercises faithfully to help build my lung strength so I'll have an easier recovery process after anesthesia. I'll ramp up my exercise program and work just a little bit harder so I can strengthen my heart muscles to help make my surgeon a bit smoother. All those things the doctor tells us to do are there for a reason... and by doing them it certainly reduces my level of nervousness. Ok, now I'm rambling.... Pam
Tammy5346
on 10/22/07 8:47 am - Tipp City, OH
Thanks Pam! I will definitely do everything the doctor tells me to do! I do not want to do anything to jeopardize my health and/or recovery! The surgery doesn't scare me so much as what will follow. I feel deep down that I'm doing the right thing but I worry if something goes wrong, how that will affect my family, our finances, etc. I've been trying to focus on the positive and not think any negative thoughts! How's your sister doing now that she made it through all those terrible complications?? I wish you a safe surgery and a speedy and happy recovery! I look forward to hearing from you post op!! Good luck and Best Wishes!! Tammy
precious 1
on 10/29/07 1:25 pm - CT
Hi Terri Congratulations to you and everyone sheduled in November,, My date is scheduled for the 13th of November I'm looking forward to the loser's bench . I wish you all a speedy and painless recovery. Precious
Most Active
Recent Topics