Liquid Diet Progress?

Pam T.
on 10/31/07 1:32 am - Saginaw, MI
How is everyone doing on their liquid diets? Do you feel full enough? Are you dealing with the same mental demons I am? LOL! I'm actually surprised at how satisfied I am with the protein shakes and stuff. Except for the first day when I waited too long to eat dinner because I was out doing errands, I haven't been hungry beyond tolerance. However I've got this horrible craving for pizza! Not just any pizza either... a slice of pepperoni pizza with the extra thick crust from the Flying J truck stop near my house. I can't drive by it without thinking about a slice! And guess what we're having for lunch at work today?! Yep, pizza. And cake. UGH! So how are you doing with your liquid diet? Pam PS - remember, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! I'm going to be super woman by the end of this thing!
Heather S.
on 10/31/07 6:35 am - Southern, NJ
Well, my surgeon doesn't require a pre-surgery diet so I kind of made up my own that I could live with... I'm doing a protein shake for 2 meals and then eating a "sensible" other meal (usually dinner) that contains mainly lean protein and veggies. I've also had a few sf jello and pudding cups, a couple of yogurts, cottage cheese or cheese sticks for snacks when I'm hungry or have the munchies. I've been doing it for a week and 1 day now and here's my stats: Calories 1,000-1,200/day Carbs 52-90/day Fat 38-52/day Protein 120-139/day Weight lost: 7 lbs. Keep your chin up, you're right...it's making you stronger! Heather
Jan F.
on 10/31/07 7:33 am - Olympia, WA
I am doing about the same. Not very hungry. And I also crave pizza--only mine is Papa Murphy's meat deLite.
Barb H.
on 11/1/07 5:25 am - Damascus, OR
OMG! Yes! I had a super hard time last night when my daughter came home with Halloween candy and there were Butterfingers and Snickers, OH MY! I had planned ahead however and decided that I would make sure all of her candy was still sealed with my husband there (so I woudn't slip), and allowed myself 1 peanut butter cup. I know what you are thinking, I know....but I have lost 11 POUNDS in a week on my pre-op liquid diet, and knew that this was it for me and my love affair with candy. So, I ate it, it was delicious, and that was that. I didn't even come close to having another, now I have my surgery to look forward to in a week!! YAHOO!!
kyralyn4
on 11/4/07 4:00 am - Canada
Ugh.. my liquid diet is only shakes, no food and only water and teas with nothing in it... It's death and the shakes are sweetened with aspartame which gives me wicked migraines and nausea. BUT that means I have finished a week of them and only one more wee****il surgery. ALSO I have already lost 15 lbs in the last 7 days, so that's pretty freaking sweet!!!!!!
TONYA WOODS
on 11/7/07 10:32 pm - Rockfield, KY
Pam I feel like it is going to kill me. I stopped at china 1 last night and got wonton soup without the wontons. It filled me up really well. I started my diet on tuesday 11/6 I lost 8 lbs the first day then 5 lbs the second day. I feel really good about that but I still hate!!! this liquid diet. I have been having weird cravings I want thinks that I really never ate before, it may be because I can't have it and I would eat anything I could get my hands on . I feel like I am a wimp due to I am always wanting something else. I work at a hospital on day shift so the patient there eat about every 4 hours, I start smelling the food and really want some of it but I don't go to the cafateria due to it is to tempting. I just wish Nov 20 would hurry up and get here. Tonya
Pam T.
on 11/7/07 10:43 pm - Saginaw, MI
Tonya: Yep, sounds like we're dealing with the same stuff. I told someone the other day that I'd eat anything I could chew... even liver and onions. Huh?! But I'm actually surprised at how filling the liquids are and that I'm not really gumble-in-my-tummy-hungry, but mostly just dealing with craving issues. I gave up my daily coffee the week before I started the liquid diet and I'm so glad I did! Better to get the caffine addiction out of the way and be calm about it before I had to deal with giving up the carb and sugar addictions when the liquids started. The first few days off sugar and carbs was tough with major headaches and insane cravings. It's calmed down a bit now. But you know what. I think this 2 week pre-op diet might be a good thing for us mentally. We are able to deal with this tough head hungry now and worth through some of our food addictions in preparation for our life of eating after surgery. I guess it's better to deal with these things in stages than to suddenly find ourselves the day after surgery dealing with it all at once. We'll get through this! We are strong women and we can do anything! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics