November 15th!! VSG

sadsushi
on 10/31/07 11:01 am - LA
I have a date! (with a handsome doc too!) k~
Pam T.
on 11/2/07 10:30 am - Saginaw, MI
Kate - LOL! you've got a cute doctor too? Mine is somewhat handsome in that meditrranean type of way. (Don't actually know what nationality he is!) Congrats on getting the VSG.... I was just reading a study on some medical-journal website about that type of surgery showing the highest success rate for losing excess weight and keeping it off. Just be sure you are faithful with your supplements. I'm having the RNY since my insurance wouldn't cover the other. My surgery is on the 13th ... so you'll be right behind me. Pam
Christina Z.
on 11/2/07 4:13 pm - Castro Valley, CA
I'm scheduled for the 15th too. Do you feel like you are prepared? I've only bought a few of the protein drinks. I haven't tried them yet. I'm supposed to start taking two showers a day starting a week before the surgery. We are supposed to use Dial or another anti-bacterial soap and pay special attention to the abdomen. Sounded a little strange to me, but I'll do it. I did buy some Magnesium Citrate for the bowel cleanse. My sister has Crohn's Disease (scarring in her large intestine) and has gone through a lot of bowel preps. Apparently, this is the best/most tolerable one. Doesn't taste like Sprite, like they claim though. I've got a hospital pre-op appointment on Monday. I've got to have another chest x-ray and blood work. I'm expected to be in the hospital until Saturday afternoon. My doctor is Mary Estakhri at Valley Care Hospital in Pleasanton, CA. Christina
Most Active
Recent Topics