EGD yesterday for sugery 11.15.07

hannahsm0mmy
on 11/6/07 3:00 am - Houston, TX
Hi-have any of you had to have an EGD before sugery? I had one yesterday even though I have NO complaints of heartburn/acid reflux/GERD or any stomach problems. The doctor found some gastric erosion and now they are telling me it may delay my surgery...I can't afford to wait any longer...I am paying COBRA right now just so I can have the surgery. Has anyone else gone through this? Any of you use Dr. Robert Marvin @ OSS in Houston?
Pam T.
on 11/7/07 10:46 am - Saginaw, MI
Amy: No, I didn't have an EGD as part of my pre-op testing. But just wanted to leave you a note and wish you luck with everything - I hope it all works out and you'll be able to stay on schedule. Pam
txgirl26
on 11/11/07 4:18 pm - fort worth, TX
I had to have an EGD done also. I'm now just sitting tight waiting to see if I'm approved or not (crossing fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyeballs!!) I actually never heard anything back about my EGD results. As far as I know nothing was wrong or they would have told me something. Good luck to you I know the wait can just drive you crazy.
katznyarn
on 11/15/07 9:48 am - Broken Arrow, OK
My surgeon requires this prior to surgery to make sure there are no problems with your stomach that could cause complications. Mine is scheduled for next Wed, the 21st. Maybe it will just be a week or two of some meds to resolve the problem. Best Wishes.
Most Active
Recent Topics