Disappointed....Surgery Canceled

SOSAngel
on 11/7/07 10:42 am - Panama City, FL
Well everyone it was nice to be able to talk with you all my date is now moved to December 17th at 7:30 a.m. My surgeon cancelled the procedure for the Lap RNY cause he said he was tired at the hospital and that he didn't feel safe doing the procedure. Come to find out this morning when I rescheduled the appointment it was because of the way my boyfriend was acting at the hospital he was being a complete jerk begging me not to have the surgery and saying some other things and the doctor felt that I wasn't having his support my boyfriend was acting like that cause he had a gut feeling that something was going to go wrong and 20 minutes after the procedure was cancelled he found out that his grandma had passed away. So I understand his reasonings but he still is acting like e don't want me to have it done now. He says that I'm rushing things and that I'm not listening to him so now he wants to research everything and he is going to support me no matter what on the 17th cause that is what he promised me. Thanks for all your support and I will be keeping an eye on you all and I know you will be saving me a seat on the loser's bench when I come around in December. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! AND I WILL SEE YOU ON THE LOSERS BENCH SOON!!!
Pam T.
on 11/7/07 10:56 am - Saginaw, MI
Angela: I'm so sorry that you've been rescheduled. Use this time to learn as much more as you can about life after surgery and get as healthy as you can beforehand. December 17th will be here before you know it. Might I suggest your boyfriend read the book "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies." It is the single most important resource I have ever found in my 2 years of research. I've read it a few times now. It goes through every type of surgery (even the ones not used any more, just as a reference), what questions to ask the surgeon, what things to take to the hospital, what to expect at every step of the process and what types of foods you'll be eating after surgery (including menus and recipes). So much great information in this book -- and a great place for him to do his research. Good luck Pam
lisa31
on 11/7/07 12:12 pm - toledo, OH
so the feelings of dred he was feeling was those about his grandma...okayyyy, i get it. Cheer up!! Dr. white is on your side! You'll do fabulously! Big hug to you! Maybe you should bring someone else with you next time and have him support you in spirit.:D
Jennifer W.
on 11/8/07 9:30 am - Kimberly, OR
Maybe you should have a family member go with you next time to the hospital. It is so important to have a good support system. Your BF can visit you after the procedure, or maybe be there for you when you wake up from it in recovery??
lrngeorge
on 11/8/07 11:07 am - Wichita, KS
I can understand how you feel. I thought I might be cancelled but I am on the other side. Do your homework and if you still want it go for it. Get the support you need and deserve. My husband was scare for me but he told me if this is what I want he would be there for me. He has been a great caregiver since the surgery. Do not give up and we will see you on the losser side.
Most Active
Recent Topics