Keeping my surgery this month - Keep me in your thoughts, prayers!

iso: a job!
on 11/7/07 12:40 pm - Jamestown, NC
There's a chance, if I don't lose enough weight and get my blood sugar under control, that my surgery may be postponed. It's scheduled for 11/19, and I went in last Friday for the Pre-Op Appointment. The doc told me that they're gonna redraw blood to check my blood sugars and weigh me when I come in on 11/14 for the nutritional class. If things aren't where they want them to be, it'll be postponed. They're worried b/c my weight was up to 330 (it was 318 when I was there on June 29th). I've been on a modified liquid diet since last Monday, 10/29, and I'll be on it till surgery day. My blood sugars are lower (they were almost 400! I know, I know!), and I was at the gyno yesterday and their sliding scale said I was 323. So I'm praying it'll be okay, but I really don't want to be postponed. So, if you pray, please keep me in your prayers, or just keep me in those positive thoughts! Thanks!!!!!
Pam T.
on 11/7/07 11:06 pm - Saginaw, MI
Emily - You can do it!!! Just stay faithful to your liquid diet and stay focused mentally and you'll make it. Congratulations on losing the 7 pounds so far! It's only going to get better from here! Pam
Amber H.
on 11/9/07 1:36 am - Dallas, TX
Just keep your thoughts positive and stay true to the diet the Dr. gives you. I had get some weight off b 4 I could have surgery as well. I did it and I am 10 months post op! It will all work in your favor. At least you have been approved and you know for a fact you will have this surgery. I know you can do it. But, YOU have to know you can do it. It is not easy, if it was, none of us would need this surgery right?? I cant stand it when people say " you can do it if you really wanted to". We all really want to but it is hard. And, of course we can do it, but it is a strugglle. But, it is struggle well worth it. I am rooting for you girl!! Please keep me posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics