11/19/07 is the first day of my new life

chipster
on 11/14/07 10:39 pm - Concordia, MO
The title pretty much said it all. My RnY surgery is on the 19th. 4 more days. I'm ready, I think.......... one min I'm fine the next I'm stressed . It's all good, wright? Well it's in His hands... In Him, Chip
nancy6
on 11/15/07 12:25 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Chip - Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! I completely understand your feelings going back and forth. I'm scheduled for Lap RNY on 11/27 and am having mixed emtions, too! But I do think that it is all good!! I know I want to feel better, get healthier and be able to do things I can't do now - and this surgery is a big stepping stone to that goal! Keep your thoughts positive and leave your worries with Him! He will see us through!! My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Monday!! Take care, Nancy
otella6066
on 11/15/07 9:25 am
hi chip i'm to have lapband dec 11 no holiday food mixed emtions. but we will make it.
melcha
on 11/15/07 9:25 am - Winter Haven, FL
Nancy - you and I will share the same surgery date. I will be banded on 11/27. Like you and Chip I too am a little scared, but I know that I have made the right choice and I am so ready to start this next chapter of my life. I wish you both all the best. Melissa
pam_in_ky
on 11/15/07 12:35 am
I am having the surgery the same day! Wish you all the best. Pam
Pam T.
on 11/17/07 6:25 am - Saginaw, MI
Hi Chip - Your day is coming so fast! It is perfectly normal to feel stressed - it's a big step you're taking for your health. If you weren't nervous we'd be worried. Best advice I can give for post-surgery recovery. Drink as much as they will let you - sip, sip, sip constantly. They are tracking what you drink and it could dictate how fast you'll be released. Also walk, walk, walk -- even when you don't want to. Get up out of bed and walk the halls 4 or 5 times a day (or more). The more you walk the better you'll feel. I actually had a slightly elevated temp that the dr. blamed on my not walking enough ... that certainly got me out of bed! You're going to do great! Pam
zendee
on 11/17/07 10:41 pm - McKinney, TX
Hi Chip, we will be surgery date twins. I will be banded on Nov 19th....23 hours from now....I'm scared but so very excited to get this journey started. What you are feeling is pretty normal.
Most Active
Recent Topics