off work

gdonofrio
on 11/22/07 7:10 pm - stow, OH
I am a nurse and had OR 11/12/07. Feeling great but not sleeping well. I have significant left sided tenderness. How long are you guys taking off work. I need some imput. Thanks Gail
isuez
on 11/23/07 12:39 am - IL
Hi gail- I had surgery on Nov 1st. Open RNY- my surgeon said 6-8 weeks. Its been 3 weeks yesterday... I am NOT ready to go back to work. I am just starting to be able to sleep almost through the night... I have severe restless leg- but when I take my meds I vomit. and this is not a goood feeling. I am planning on taking the entire 8 weeks off so far, UNLESS by some strike of luck, this tiredness ends just like that.... ha ha ha I am a Licensed Envoronmental Health Practitioner (aka health inspector + much more) for 2 local villages.... 1 full time and the other very part time... so I know when I get back to work it'll be at full steam... I may consider going back before the holidays.... if I feel ALOT better, less TIRED and rested... but in all honesty... probably not. Please let me know what you decide and how you are doing. I am willing to be a sounding board or just someone to commiserate with... . Take care and heal well! sue
Pam T.
on 11/23/07 12:41 am - Saginaw, MI
Gail - I'm taking 5 weeks off. Not because I really think I need that much time, but because I knew I wanted an extra week or so off work .... I haven't had a vacation in 2 years because I've been hording my time off so I could have surgery. I could probably gone back to my desk job at 3 weeks, but I'm happy I took 5. For a nurse... seems like you'd need some extra time since it's just a physical job. Pam
docmaddog
on 11/23/07 12:46 am - Catonsville, MD
I had lap RNY on 11/9/07 and went back to work at my desk job on 11/20/07 with no problems. I was a little tired and had some occasional tightness, but it was tolerable.
sdwiggs
on 11/24/07 8:36 pm
I had surgery on 11*12-07 and i am requestng my doctor 2 alow me to take 8 weeks. Even though a lot of people at my job that had RYN came back in 2 weeks, I am just too exhausted and I would like 2 take my time w/o the stress of work.
tenderlovinghugs07
on 11/29/07 9:42 am - Miller, SD
Hello Gail I do medical billing and took 2 weeks and now I'm working partial days very tired still and tender to the touch aound the incision I had an open RNY with over 4o staples but honestly I was getting bored at home and so the dr allowed me partial hrs but he told me to take it very easy I had major complication during surgery so I had a blood transfusion for two units but I felt pretty good most of the week I just wish I could sleep better. I have a great company that is allowing me to come back slowly. take care and gl on your journey ... Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics