Eating Questions

charjoin
on 11/26/07 2:38 am - Augusta, GA
I know this may be a stupid question, but I am terrified about my NEW eating patterns: Am I eating too much, not enough, too often, not often enough...etc. Can anyone give me some advice on how much and often is typical. I had my lap band surgery on Nov 20. Thanks so very much.
Pam T.
on 11/26/07 5:13 am - Saginaw, MI
Didn't you get any information from your nutritionist? Did you have a class or meeting to go over exactly what you should be eating at this stage? If not, I would suggest calling them to find out what you should be eating. How much, why and how long it should take you to eat. I had RNY, so my information probably won't apply to your Lap Band. But my nutritionist gave us an hour-by-hour schedule of eating and drinking and protein shakes and sample menus including how much of everything we should be limited to. Pam
SweetJoy57
on 12/4/07 3:17 am
Dear Charmane, Know exactly what you're going thru. Had my surgery on the 19th, but I had the gastric sleeve. I've been so confused about what I can and cannot eat at this point. Sometimes I feel like I can eat my old time best, but when I try it usually comes back up. I guess talking to the nutritionist would be a good way to keep on the right track. I myself finally learned that you can't eat a big mac like the old days, even though my body is craving for it. I have gone back to liquids and puree, not that i"m a happy camper about it, but if I want to succeed and lose this awful weight, it's best to do things right and not waste anyone else's time with doing it all wrong. Doctors hate that. Remember you are a representative of their art. Your success is their success. Good luck, we'll all need it now. P.s. How do you get rid of the cravings? I'm going nuts here!
Most Active
Recent Topics