My surgery is Nov 17th

jenni80
on 11/13/10 4:43 am
Ok i just discovered this msg board today.  I am having surgery Nov 17th 2010 and I am really excited and nervous and just want this over with already!  Its nice to see others who are also having surgery this month so we can share our experiences!

Jeanette  

nicole M.
on 11/15/10 1:29 pm - Trenton, MI
RNY on 11/03/10 with
Good luck tomorrow! :)

My WLS Blog: http://wls-nicoleta.livejournal.com/

Homebodi
on 12/22/10 12:45 am
Jenni, I also had surgery on Nov 17th and am wondering where you are in the process and how you're doing with it?

I had some physical pain at first but was off work for two weeks which helped. Now I seem to be healing physically but I'm confused every day about what to eat.  I've progressed from liquids to pureed food and am just starting regular foods. Most days I'm not hungry and don't get too much (probably not enough) in. Warm drinks like hot chocolate or soup do much better for me than cold things. And I've had my "dump" syndrome when eating hard processed chicken at a restaurant one night. I ended up in the bathroom drooling into the toilet in excruciating pain in my chest hoping I wouldn't throw up.  Is this normal, I wonder. I worry about not getting enough vitamins in (although I gag on them as well). Chocolate used to be my favorite flavor and now, well, let's say chocolate protein is practically out of the question.

What have you noticed and are you confused? 
HW:282 SW:248 CW:219 GW:130                               Rachel            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Checking in
dlp5510 · 1 replies · 971 views
Hey
jmshadowdancer · 0 replies · 1259 views
nausea is back at 7mos.
dlp5510 · 0 replies · 974 views
One-derland!
Kariszma83 · 1 replies · 946 views
VSG Tomorrow!