First Clinic Appointment Edmonton

Speedtrap
on 1/25/12 4:05 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
Can anyonshare what your experence was like at your first Clinic Vistit in Edmonton was like?

I have my first appointment on March 1st.  What kind on info do they go over for the initial assesment, do they count any weight lost while waiting to get in the program?

I have taken almost all the weight wise classes already while waiting for the appointment and have done some research, but I am interested if anyone has  some experences to share?

Keelan
on 1/25/12 9:47 am
I hear the program has changed since my first visit 2 years ago but my first visit was nerve wrecking, exciting and emotional all the same time.
I seen the nurse, nutritionist, Dr Sharma. He is the worst and gets very indepth with his question. After talking with him, he sat in from of me and dictated into his little recorder what I had told him and seriously it was such an eye opener hearing my words coming from his mouth. I at that point in time wasn't looking to have surgery done. I wanted to find out why I was obese and not able tlose weight on my own.
As for  info they go over the general concerns of being obese, they will do blood work and dietary assessment. They will flat out ask you if you are wanting surgery and if you have done your research about the type of surgery you are interested in. You will go home with a wealth of info that will help you on this journey.

Good Luck,
Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

seeking_freedom
on 1/27/12 1:17 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 if you are interested you can read my blog. ive blogged my journey so far. im from winnipeg,mb, but am going thru edmonton ww program. i just returned from a trip where i had 5 apts and a module. have yet to blog about that one, but will soon,maybe tomorrow. i go again next week for 2 modules, a bone denstrometry and body composition scan, and an apt with their head psychiatrist. then, i have another trip booked for end of feb.
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Most Active