This is just my opinion....

Hilary P.
on 4/14/11 11:47 pm - Decatur, AL
 I dont get hyped up in the drama and crap that some people cause or post but i do have to say that not everyone is "perfect" or will do things that "you" do and believe. Every person is different, every doctor is different. Some peoples posts sounds degrading or just plain mean/rude. Maybe its just the way i take it but its like if we do something that someone else doesnt do, we're "wrong" and we're getting told so. maybe its the way we eat/drink/exercise/whatever. Its a lifelong journey for all of us and if we chose to do things a little differently then dont degrade us or "get on to us" about it because for alot of them/us we're still doing good. 

I know for me i've quit posting here in the recent weeks because 
1-i feel like compared to some others, i eat too much. when i feel like i make good choices and eat a decent amount i see others that say "wow, i cant eat that much or im never hungry" well thats great, but some of do get the hunger back. i eat breakfast lunch and dinner and sometimes a snack in between. i wish like hell i could eat 1 meal a day but i cant.
2-i drink, some others drink, my doctor said it was ok to have an occasional drink
3-i dont like drama and i feel like some people pop in and post to cause a stir. 
4-i dont lose like the others, even when i do strictly drink protein or eat drastically less

I have people on facebook and some i dont. There's a few i'd love to find but dont know their last names (Kim you'd be one!) 

Kim post daily regardless of the response she'd gets and im so proud of her but i quit because i felt like it made me feel at times worse than better. 

I try my hardest to eat right and still dont lose. I know that i dont exercise every day but so be it. I've kept off over 80lbs of the 115 i've lost so i'll consider myself a success and move on! 

Kim i do read your daily post, heck i read the board daily but i have to draw back from posting when it makes me feel like im doing something wrong by certain peoples words.

Also, when i first joined this board 6 years ago, there were clicks, so it hasnt always been stricly supportive. I'd much rather see a smaller supportive board then a bunch of people clicing together and leaving people out. When i came here first post op with questions, it was rare that i'd get anyone to answer my question. i dont know if it was because i was new or what but it really shed light on how the board was. I like that i can post a question now and have someone answer it. 

i've rambled enough i just felt compelled to throw what i felt out there.
J_J
on 4/14/11 11:52 pm - Barrie, Canada
Well said.

Kim S.
on 4/15/11 12:26 am - Helena, AL
Good to hear from ya girl!  I'm on Facebook--Kim Sorensen--I'd love to be your FB friend too!

I guess I came after most of the past dramas, and the recent ones I just don't get into.  I come here for support--and even when I post my daily post and no one responds it makes me feel accountable just putting it out there.  I usually try to keep my opinions to myself and just give thanks to those that do post--I like to see the different views from everyone even when I don't agree.  I just tend to disagree in silence because my opinion is mine and I don't care if everyone knows it and I certainly don't care if they agree.  There are many people on this board that I adore --and you are one of them--I would not be where I am today without the knowledge I gained from yall, my WLS heroes!

And girl!  Eat?  Drink?  My name is Kim and I eat--a lot--everyday!  and I have alcoholic beverages on the weekends.  Oh!  and I eat real desserts sometimes!! 

We are in maintenance.  That (to me) means follow the rules MOST of the time, and indulge in things occasionally that I never touched that first year after surgery.  I've maintained for one year now so I figure I'm doing something right....and if things change, I'll change what I'm doing.  There is no one perfect recipe for success, we each have to write our own.

I'd love to see you on here more often if you feel up to it and it provides you with support.  Have a great weekend and stay safe today in this crazy weather!

Your friend,

Kim

NaNa4two
on 4/15/11 1:35 am, edited 4/15/11 1:37 am - Muscle Shoals, AL
Kim, I agree with you and Hilary!!

Kim S.
on 4/15/11 12:27 am - Helena, AL
BTW, cute pic!  You have amazing hair!!

Lisa S.
on 4/21/11 12:15 am - AL
I'm so far behind in reading posts...but I have to say I agree w/you 100% Hillary.  It always makes me laugh to read how some are so quick to judge and tell you what you're doing is wrong - you do what's good for you, what works for you, and let the rest go.

Keep it comin', girl!
Leslie M.
on 4/22/11 1:48 am - AL
I agree lady!
We all have our weak spots and no one is perfect.........
I am so glad I am not a "judger".

Also love the new pic!

Leslie
Most Active