hi

Lynnww666
on 7/24/11 9:31 am - Canada
I'm all set for by sleeve on July 28 with Dr. Nguyen.
Have felt really helped and supported by the group at his office and Garrett Wellness Centre so far and while I'm really nervous about the surgery, first real surgery since I was five, I feel in good hands.
Love to hear from others who have been through this at Richmond General see what they thought of it all.
Cheers all,
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

M1CHELLE
on 7/24/11 2:32 pm - Kelowna, Canada
 Hi Lynn, so excited for you!  That is this week!  Eeek!  I am schedule to have the sleeve done Aug 12th by Dr N.  How has the pre-op diet gone for you?  Was it hard?  How much have you lost?
I look forward to hearing how you did after the surgery!
Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Lynnww666
on 7/24/11 3:04 pm - Canada
Hi Michelle,
Well your operation is not far off either then... it is exciting.
I have been on the pre-op liquids 10 days and lost 6 pounds. It's not super but I think my Nut. has let me have too many carbs as some of the protein drinks on her list are really high in carbs so for the last few days I will go with almost no carbs and just plenty of protein.
For the most part I have been following it fairly well. It's hard and DULL as hell and I've benn working like a fiend, lots of overtime, so have really gotten next to no exercise in.
On the other hand, since the beginning of Dec. when I first thought of going to Mexico for the surgery, I have lost about 50 pounds so I feel I'm quite on the way.
I'm a little worried in this last part of the work, the pre-op diet, I won't have lost that much by Thursday and I sure hope that won't mean surgery cancellation or anything. It would seem really unfair with all the effort I have put in so far but who knows what power they have.
Anyhow, fingers crossed and if I high protein and get some damn exercise in the last few days (even if it's running on the spot in my living room at midnight!) hopefully all will go as hoped.
I'll let you know how it all turns out once I get home again which won't be until Sunday.
Cheers and the best of luck to you with all your prep work.
Lynn

jaynak
on 7/24/11 3:24 pm - Canada
Hello and welcome to the group!!!!  I don't have Dr. N as my surgeon, I see Dr. Sampath,  I just wanted to say that I have heard some really good things about the 2 surgeons and the staff at RGH.  Good luck to you with your surgery on Thursday and let us know how it goes!!!!  I doubt that they will cancel your surgery if you haven't lost a lot, I believe that all of us loose weight at different rates.
M1CHELLE
on 7/25/11 12:42 am - Kelowna, Canada
I think they only need you to lose 6-8lbs on the pre-op diet.  The reason why is that it removes the fatty tissues from your liver, and it makes it easier for the surgeon cause he has to get in there and lift it up to work on your stomach.
Michelle  

M1CHELLE
on 7/25/11 4:31 am - Kelowna, Canada
Oops, forgot to ask, is your Dietician Nooshin?
Michelle  

Lynnww666
on 7/25/11 7:14 am - Canada
 Hi,
Thanks for all the info and the hellos and yes, all those I've dealt with in Richmond have been very helpful and supportive. Also, yes, my dietician is Nooshin. She seems very nice and I see her Wednesday afternoon the day before my surgery so that's why I'm nervous as she'll be weighing me and told me that if I haven't lost they could cancel the surgery and that would be AWFUL as I've been on this path for three years now (Having wasted a great deal of time with the Victoria docs. They may be good docs but the organization there was really not very good)
Anyhow, I'm sure that with six pounds down and a couple of days to go and nothing but low-carb protein shakes (with skinny coconut milk for even fewer carbs) my liver should be as good as it's gonna be prior to the surgery.
Fingers crossed and I can't wait to get it done. I'm also having my gallbladder out and an umbilical hernia repaired so I'm getting a three-fer with this surgery.
Cheers,
Lynn

Most Active