isopure low carb drinks

Lynnww666
on 8/4/11 6:19 am - Canada
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has stumbled across Isopure's low carb protein drinks in BC... well, maybe the lower mainland or Vancouver Island.
I can buy the regular carb one's at the pharmacy but they're like 30+ carbs for 15 grams of protein which is pretty high. Am very much hoping the zero carb ones are available somewhere so if anyone has found them, please do let me know. I'm headed from the Island to Richmond on Tuesday for post-surgical checkup and could look for them if I had any tips.
Cheers all,
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

bamf
on 8/4/11 9:29 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
I have found "Premier High Protein Chocolate Shakes" at Costco.  First discovered them at the Bellevue Conference in mid July.  I really like them. Each Shake is 325 ml, and has only 160 calories, 30g of protein, 3g fat,3g fibre, 5g carbs, plus 25% daily value of lots of vitamins and minerals.  I do not know how this compares to the isopure drinks you are looking for, but this might work for you.

Barb
Lynnww666
on 8/4/11 9:54 am - Canada
Hi Barb,
Thanks for the info.... I was not clear in my posting but I'm looking for the clear juice-like drinks from isopure that are higher protein and lower carb, not the shake version. I like the shakes and sometimes use Premier which - you are right - are really pretty good. I also really enjoy BioX which are about the same.
These Isopure drinks I want look like Koolaid or some such, just like water but with the protein and such. I'm beginning to suspect they don't exist up here.... sigh.... too bad sometimes the richness of the shakes is a bit much and I though these would be lighter.
Lynn

Margo N.
on 8/4/11 2:28 pm
I've seen them at some Walmarts in the lower mainland, and, I THINK, at Popeye's.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

henner33
on 8/4/11 3:17 pm - Canada
The Isopure Grape frost is disgusting. I was also looking for a juice type protein drink and so far the best I found was at Walmart. It is a Weider product. Peach Mango spla**** isn't too bad, you mix it with water. It tastes like that peach juice that you can buy in the flavored crystals.  I would just like to share that all Whey protein drinks seem to have that milky aftertaste and I have not found one yet that doesn't.  I saw some in GNC that i would like to try too when this one is all gone. Best of luck in your search.
Cheers
Lynnww666
on 8/4/11 11:31 pm - Canada
So, two votes for Walmart.... I will check the Richmond one (well they probably have more than one...) then when I am over on Tuesday. I had already looked here but they didn't have ... just the grape frost (which oddly I find less disgusting when it is warm rather than cold)
I had not noticed any of the Weider juice crystals there, but perhaps since I was looking for the Isopure, I overlooked that one.
Our Nanaimo GNC is tiny now and has a very limited selection.
Thanks for all the ideas.
Lynn

bamf
on 8/13/11 6:17 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Lynn:
I found the ISOpure Low Carb drinks (Alpine Punch) at Zellers (Pharmacy area).  I thought it was quite tasty, and I will get more, next time I'm there.
Barb
Lynnww666
on 8/13/11 8:29 am - Canada
Thanks for that info... is it the Zeller's in Richmond? I might checkl it out when I'm over next month. My pharmasave here special order it for me. Bought a case of four packs each with six bottles for $55 taxes in... not cheap but none of this stuff is.
I'm not sure I'd describe it as tasty, but it'd drinkable for sure.
Lynn

M1CHELLE
on 8/5/11 4:22 am - Kelowna, Canada
Let me know if you find it in Richmond because I will be going there next week and would like to get some if it's there!
Thanks!
Lynnww666
on 8/5/11 11:33 am - Canada
Hi,
Today I was in the Pharmasave where I had bought the rape mist isopure and they said they didn't carry it anymore as it really wasn't selling but if I wanted to order a carton of 4 cases they'd get me one. So I mentioned I was really looking for the low carb version and they looked it up and said they'd order the Alpine Punch which is supposed to be low carb for me and they'd have it in by Monday most likely... so in the end I might not have to check out places in Richmond after all.
In fact I ordered the case and will be paying Pharmasave just their regular price, no special shipping or whatever.
But then maybe I should check out the Walmart just in case they have other versions or cheaper. I can get extra that way.
I will post whatever I find out.
Lynn

Most Active