Dr Tang/amson increased surgical time

shanti4758
on 10/7/11 1:27 pm, edited 10/7/11 1:28 am
I have heard that they may be getting increased surgical time. Dr tangs nurse MJ said she had heard the rumour? I was last there 4 months ago. Does anyone know more. My first Apt was sept 09 and all my tests were complete by january 10.
Also what does dr tang require for preop. I am getting the sleeve. Thanks
shanti4758
on 10/7/11 1:30 pm
Any other info you can provide me on meeting the nutritionist, royal jubilee hospital time or anything would be appreciated. Thanks

Momx4kids
on 10/7/11 2:32 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
I had RnY surgery with Tang in May, I had been waiting 3 yrs (2008). He required no preop, just told me not to eat/drink liquids after lunch the day before surgery. The appointment with Jan (nut at Jubilee) was great, she answered all my questions gave me lots of info, told me what to expect diet wise after surgery etc. I heard The doctors get an increase in surgeries, I heard 40 more a year, I think that is shared  between the three doctors on the island ,not sure on the info.
Rhonda

shanti4758
on 10/7/11 3:38 pm
Well that is great news! As for prep, you didnt have to do a bowel cleanse? That would be so awesome.

Momx4kids
on 10/8/11 6:08 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
No prep at all needed with Tang.

shanti4758
on 10/21/11 5:40 am
I spoke to MJ this morning and Dr Tang has not recieved an increase in surgical time. He is still only doing one per month. She told me I am still looking at another years wait. That was really depressing to hear as i so hoped i would get done sooner. I was in a slump for about 5 minutes and just told myself to get on with it. Do as much as i can for now with excercise and diet and keep plugging away...agh... So I just keep on going I guess. I am 53 and really want this to happen.
Momx4kids
on 10/29/11 3:14 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Hang in there, I remember being told it would be 3 years, but it did finally come. The wait is the reason most ppl are going to Richmond.
Rhonda

shanti4758
on 10/29/11 4:28 am
Thanks. I actually phoned the Richmond surgeons and there is now a one year waitlist with 300 people on it. They said that they have been inundated with calls since they opened.
Most Active