Newbie (hello!)

XMusicJunkieX
on 4/10/11 10:56 am - CA
Good morning! I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to my fellow Californians. I'm Katie and I'm 24 years old, 5'3, 338 lbs. I'm currently in week 6 of my Options classes through Kaiser and am hoping to get a date for sometime this summer. I look forward to chatting with you all and supporting you through your journeys as I hope you will do for me through mine. Have a great day!

Katie Bee
HW347/SW322/CW253/GW150
Surgery date: September 28th, 2011     

newbarb2
on 4/10/11 12:39 pm
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the Cali forum and please know we're all here to lend support whenever you need it.  If you have questions, please feel free to ask them.  Lots of great folks on our Cali forum, lots of newbies and experienced folks.  Not sure if you're in Nor Cal or So Cal, but at each end of the state, there are groups that meet regularly and we always welcome new folks.

We'll be saving a nice spot for you on the Losers Bench when your time comes.

Hugs,
Barb

Living Life
on 4/10/11 1:03 pm - Riverside, CA
Hello and WELCOME Katie......

I am very happy to have you join us. In the mornings I post a morning post, its open to everyone and it a fast way to let us all know how you are doing. Please Feel to join us.

Once again Welcome...

Oh BTW.. where are you from? What part of Calif. I am in Riverside

Luana
XMusicJunkieX
on 4/10/11 3:35 pm, edited 4/10/11 3:37 pm - CA
Thanks for the welcome! I've "lurked" on these boards for quite some time, but am just now getting involved. I will be sure to check out the morning post and the southern cali group. I'm in Fontana.

I was once on the losers bench... then I met DH and it all went downhill (not blaming him - I got a little too comfortable). I weighed 360 lbs when I graduated high school in 2004. I dropped 180 lbs. in less than a year by living only off of vegetable soup (got very sick doing this, of course) and running 5 miles a day. The minute I had a dating life and a real job (2007), I reduced the running (still doing 2 hours @ the gym daily including 3 miles on elliptical! ) and added other foods, I gained. I continued to "add foods" and reduce my exercise until viola! I am now back up to 338. Ridiculous. I have done a lot of soul-searching to come to terms with some issues that caused me to gain, and I want to make a PERMANENT change this time.

Katie Bee
HW347/SW322/CW253/GW150

Sabrina R.
on 4/11/11 5:59 am - CA
Welcome Katie! I finished my options class with Kaiser Feb 3 of this year. I just last Thursday got the name of my surgeon and a name for a Psych. One think I wished I would have done as I was going throught the classes, is make sure all my medical tests were done. I "thought" they were, but time flew...and it put me behind. So hopefully I'll have surgery by mid May. What city are you in?
VNARN
on 4/11/11 8:50 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
Welcome, Katie!  I also am in Options classes, two more to go.  Woohoo!  This is a great place for support and information.  I am learning tons.
XMusicJunkieX
on 4/11/11 1:53 pm - CA
Thank you! Yes, I LOVE the Options classes. Had I had these during my first weight loss go-around, I don't think I would've gained the weight back.

Good luck on the upcoming surgery! Let me know how everything is going.

Katie Bee
HW347/SW322/CW253/GW150

BigCaliSmile
on 4/12/11 11:15 am - La Puente, CA
Welcome to this forum I hope you find it as informative as I have. Experience is the best teacher and it appears there are alot of wonderful willing people to share your concerns and answer any questions.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
BlueEyedMom02
on 4/13/11 11:20 am - CA
Hi Katie!

I'm new here too.  Where are you doing your options classes?  I just finished doing my classes in Corona the end of March.  :-)  Good luck in your journey.
Most Active